Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Can I use Intel I210 to support 1PPS output?

HJ42
Beginner
Hi,

I have 2x Intel I210 NIC cards. I used driver versions from official website but those versions do not support 1PPS output.

I read former question (https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Can-I-use-intel-i210-i211-i340-i350-to-test-my-IEEE1588-ptp/m-p/726888#M19935), and it seems 1PPS drivers is possible. Could you help me how to enable I210 1PPS function? Or is NDA required?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information for us to check your query. 

1. Operating System used.

2. Please confirm if you are using Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/68668/intel-ethernet-server-adapter-i210t1.html

3. Please share more information regarding your intended configuration. 

Awaiting to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
HJ42
Beginner
Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for the reply. Please refer to my reply as below.

1. The OS in use is Ubuntu 14.

2. Yes I can confirm I am using Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1

3. With Ubuntu embedded Intel I210 -T1 driver, it can not support PPS output. I learned in another discussion I210-T1 can output PPS through 4 Software Define Pins. Could you share some suggestions if another I210-T1 driver or firmware is necessary?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Thank you for the swift response. 

Please allow us to check your request. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Apologies for the delay on this request.

There seems to be a confusion on this matter and we wanted to clarify if you are using a PCIe LAN card or embedded controller. 

We have confirmed last 12 7, 2021 with you that you are using Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1. However, based on your reply below it looks like you are pertaining to embedded controller.

With Ubuntu embedded Intel I210 -T1 driver, it can not support PPS output. I learned in another discussion I210-T1 can output PPS through 4 Software Define Pins. Could you share some suggestions if another I210-T1 driver or firmware is necessary?

With this, kindly provide front and back photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card so we can identify if this is indeed PCIe LAN card and if you have Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
HJ42
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

Please refer to following front and back sides photos. We are using Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1 PCIe LAN card. The website from the QR code of the card is http://verify.yottamark.com/252070076035877723367619 .

Sorry for the confusion. We are not using embedded controller, but we are using this I210-T1 PCIe LAN card. We are wondering if we should use another version of firmware to output PPS. Need your help to share if there is a suitable firmware for I210-T1 PPS on Ubuntu operating system?

Thank you.

20211213_171133.jpg20211213_171139.jpg20211213_171147_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Thank you for the swift response. 

Please allow us to re-escalate this request to our engineers for further checking. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Appreciate your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Apologies for the delay on our update.

Based on our engineering team, we have a document that contains about the PPS and other requested information. However, this is confidential and requires NDA. We will be sending an email as we will request some personal information. Please be reminded not to post the details on this thread to avoid exposing confidential information. 

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Good day!

Please be informed that we received your reply via email. Please allow us to re-escalate this request to our engineers. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
HJ42
Beginner
Hello Crisselle,

Thank you. Look forward to hearing from you.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

I hope you're doing good!

We sent an email for the update regarding NDA information. Feel free to let us know if you have questions/clarifications.

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Thank you for your swift response via email.

Please allow us to continue checking on this with our engineers. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We understand that you already have a CNDA. There is also a possibility that you already have a Privileged access to our Resource and Design Center. Please check this link for you to download the Intel Confidential document that covers your inquiries.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/631173

However, if you are having issues with the access, please let us know.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello HJ42,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
HJ42
Beginner
Hello Zigfreid,

I can not access confidential document link because only some people in our large company can access. May I know can it be possible to provide I210 PPS driver by other approach (e.g. email)?

Thanks and happy new year!
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello HJ42,

We will forward your concern to the RDC team for you to be able to be granted an access. You will be contacted within 24 to 48 business hours. Please do await for their response and advise us once you are able to access the files so that we would be aware as well. 

We will try to check with you again within 3-4 business days if we don't hear any response. Thank you and happy holidays. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos