Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Can Windows 2016 Server make use of the I225-V?

BramblePatch
Beginner

Hi,

I'm not sure how else to write this question. We (I) am trying to throw together a bit of an emergency server for a small (family) business whose server computer crapped out recently.  What we have available is a general use PC using a ASUS PRIME Z490-A motherboard that lists its Ethernet Controller as an Intel I225-V.  I've tried to install several driver packages (downloaded as 25_4 and 24_5) and both are saying something like "no intel adapters are present in this computer."  The OS I'm forced to use is Windows Server 2016 Essentials, and all it does is sit there an run a small Filemaker Server that apparently requires Windows Server 2016 (I'm told upgrading right now isn't really an option). 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello BramblePatch,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Upon checking, I225-V does not support Windows 2016. You can find that information on this site:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

However, since your I225-V is embedded on your Asus board. It is best to check with them if the board supports Windows 2016 and they should have available driver your I225-V. Kindly contact Asus for further support regarding your concern.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BramblePatch,

I just want to check if you were able to contact the manufacturer of the board for further support.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BramblePatch,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for further support. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos