Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Can't Create a Team in Windows 2008 R2 with i350-T4

JBorg2
Beginner

I need a bit of advice and some troubleshooting solutions here. I just put an i350-T4 inside a 208 R2 Server that is acting as a hyper-V host (GUI mode) and cant seem to create a team. I have runt he following commands:

C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX\CL>ProSetcl adapter_enumerate

Number of adapters currently present: 10

1) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4

2) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4 # 4

3) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 # 3

4) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 # 4

5) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4

6) Intel(R) 82576 Gigabit Dual Port Network Connection

7) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4 # 2

8) Intel(R) 82576 Gigabit Dual Port Network Connection # 2

9) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4 # 3

10) Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 # 2

C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX\CL>ProSetCL Team_Create 5,2,7,9 VMLB ALB

Attempting to create team 'VMLB' ...

Failed to create the team

I have tried creating a smaller team and an 802.3AD team all with the same result. I ran an enumeratecapabilities and they all support teaming and 802.3AD. My goal is to increase bandwidth on one of my virtual Guests. I have three virtual guests total and I wanted one of them to use at least two adapters for increasing bandwidth as it is a file server for an art department. Will VLMB assign two NICs per virtual guest or is it more for consolidation into less ports per guest? If so then should I create an 802.3AD team just for the one virtual guest and assign that teamed adapter to it?

The intel network connections is version 15.0.4.0 but the drivers for the intel i350 are 12.7.28.0. I have an older i340 adapter in there along with a couple onboards ports that are using version 11.14.49.0.

I have since updated the 340 to the same driver version and still no luck. Also When I try to configure the network adapter in the GUI (device manager) none of them have the teaming tab except for one port on the i340. Is the teaming tab supposed to show up so I can still do it there or do I have to use Prosetcl?

-Jon

0 Kudos
0 Replies