Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Can't see Intel x710 FCoE device after ProSET installation

Rvand3
Beginner

We recently purchased an Intel X710-DA2 Converged Network Adapter to provide both 10G network and FCoE connectivity to Cisco Nexus 5000 switches. This is installed in an Intel Server System S2600GZ server running Windows 2012 (non-R2).

The Intel drivers and ProSET were installed from the v20.2 drivers CD, however there was no option as described in the documentation to select FCoE.

Do I need to enable the boot ROM, even though we do not want to boot from SAN, to enable FCoE? If so, where do I find the BootUtil for Windows 2012?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Your post has been moved to the networking group forum for further assistance on your inquiry.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan-4sl,

Thank you for the post. Let me double check the FCOE option is not available in the driver, there is no need to enable in the boot rom.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan_4sl,

Good day. We truly appreciate you as an Intel customer, Unfortunately, at this time the FCoE option is not available. The Intel® Converged Ethernet Network Adapter X710 in its early stage of release is not completely enabled for all features. As mentioned in the Product Brief (available at Intel.com) declares that FCoE will be a post-launch feature addition.

This certainly does not help your situation. But in the meantime, I would suggest for you to call Intel Customer Support to know what options you can take in order to help you achieve your deployment requirements.

You may refer to this website to contact Intel Customer Support at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Cwiley2566,

Thank you for the post. I am sorry there is no timeline yet when this post launch feature will be available.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos