Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Cannot generate X722 LOM(PXE&iSCSI) file by Bootutil.

ALiao
Beginner

Hi,

I want to generate X722 option ROM(PXE&iSCSI) by Bootutil. The tool didn't support X722 device ID to generate LOM file. But I can use '-up=iscsi' command to flash option rom and the iscsi function works fine on system. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Bootutil version: 23.5.1

BootutilFail.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello ALiao, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please let us know the board model the X722 is integrated into. What version of Windows are you running? Please also confirm the BootIMG.FLB file is the one included in 23.5.1. It may also be that the operation is unsupported due to changes by the board manufacturer. Please also see "BootUtil is not intended for LOM" in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000005790/software/manageability-products.html Let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello ALiao, Please let us know if you still need assistance with this issue. If you have resolved the issue with the board manufacturer please inform us. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ALiao
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your support. I have solved this issue by BootUtil version 19. BootUtil version 19 can generate x722 lom file using 'lom' command.

Best regards,

ALiao

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello ALiao, Thank you for the update. Glad you were able to find a workaround. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos