Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Checksum Differences between E810 and XXV710

average_joe
Beginner

Here is my current setup.  I have a Dell R650 server with dual-core CPUs and an Intel Ethernet Network Adapter E810-XXVDA2.  The NIC and server are used as a transparent device to send/receive traffic.  I'm running Rocky 9.1 OS.  Current NIC settings are:

```

driver: ice
version: 5.14.0-162.6.1.el9_1.0.1.x86_64
firmware-version: 4.10 0x80015188 1.3310.0
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:98:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: yes

```

When traffic from the Internet enters an interface on this server, we will periodically and continuously notice "RX-ERR" drops on that interface using netstat.  Thinking this was a physical issue, we swapped out fibers, SFPs, and servers but got the same result.  However, when I turn `rx-checksumming` off using ethtool, we stop taking these RX-ERR drops.  

Historically been running with Intel Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 NICs against the same traffic without any error drops.  

Is there a checksumming difference between XXV710-DA2 and E810-XXVDA2?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello average_joe,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe E810-XXVDA2?
  2. If yes, can you send photos of the card on both sides for us to validate the unit.
  3. Can you share a screenshot of the error?
  4. What is your OS?
  5. Can you share the link of your latest network driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello average_joe,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello average_joe,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos