Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Configure 1 PPS in Intel Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2T in Linux System

jpernav198
Novice

Hello!!

We are using an Intel Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2T in a Ubuntu 20.04.1 System with a 5.8.0-55-generic as its kernel.

As in another post about the topic, we have some question about how to configure the SMA port of this NIC card. We have seen that Solution brief document mentions about a specific configuration of the SDPs/GPIOs but we don't know how to do it.

Also, we have checked that there is no pps class by Sysfs. I don't know if this information will be useful to solve this problem.

In addition, I attach to this post the NIC driver used.

Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards!

jpernav198

8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jpernav198,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Kindly provide the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1. When you mentioned 'As in another post about the topic, we have some question about how to configure the SMA port of this NIC card', can you please share the link you are referring to?

2. Kindly elaborate/share more details on your intended configuration for us to better understand the query.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jpernav198
Novice

Hello Crisselle

The link of the post which I refered to is this: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Configuring-1-PPS-in-Intel-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-XXV710-DA2T/td-p/1251273

And the configuration that we want is the similar to the configuration described in the link above.  We want to derive the 1 PPS signal at one of the SMA Port. However, our problem is that we don't find how to send it by SMA Port, as I described in the previous post.

I attach to this reply a picture about the configuration that we want. It is from the Solution brief Document, which link is the following: https://www.intel.es/content/www/es/es/products/docs/network-io/ethernet/network-adapters/ethernet-700-series-network-adapters/xxv710-da2t-hardware-enhanced-ptp-solution-brief.html

Furthermore, I tried to see by ethtool the interface of SMA ports, as it is mentioned in the picture attached, and I didn't see a clear way to configure these ports.

I hope this details will help you and thanks you for your attention.

Best regards,

jpernav198.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jpernav198,

Thank you for the reply.

We hope you don't mind sharing the additional information below that would help with the investigation.

1. Output of ethtool -i ethx where ethx is the Ethernet port. This will allow us identify the driver and firmware version of your Ethernet adapter. 

2. PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
jpernav198
Novice

Hello Crisselle,

I attach to this post pictures about the information that you requested

1) See IntelNicDriver.png

2) See IntelNicCard.jpeg ( I think the PBA is 999MC7)

Thank you so much for your support.

Best Regards,

jpernav198.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jpernav198,

Appreciate your effort in sharing the information requested.

Please allow us to further check this request together with our higher level support. We will get back to you as soon as there is any update but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jpernav198,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Please be informed that the PPS Implementation Guide is located in our Intel Resource and Design Center. This requires an access so we will transfer this request to proper support group to guide you acquiring an access. You will be contacted via email within 24 to 48 hours.

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have questions and clarification. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
jpernav198
Novice

Hello Crisselle

Thank so much for the attention and support !! I will be waiting to the email for acquiring the access to the PPS Implementation Guide that you mentioned.

Best regards,

jpernav198

0 Kudos
kharo22
Novice

Hello

Did you have the howto for your issue ? I'm looking to enable also the signal on the output pps please

thanks

Karim

0 Kudos