Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Converged Network Adapter X710-DA2 and E10GSFPLR

azi123
Beginner

Hi,

Does SFP+ with part number FTLX1471D3BCV-IT work with adapter X710?

Two speculations:
 1-The Compatibility link (this link) lists only two LR optic modules (part numbers are FTLX1471D3BCV-I3 and FTLX1471D3BCVI31) and there is no module with FTLX1471D3BCV-IT part number. What does "-IT" mean? It seems there is no SFP+ with this part number on the Intel website.
2- In the SFP+ LR optics product brief (this link, I attach the screenshot too), in the beginning, there are pictures of 3 SFP+ modules. One of them is FTLX1471D3BCV-IT  (All of them have "-IT" in their part number)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello azi123,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. Please check the details below for the rest of our update on your inquiry.

Please open this link below that mentioned the part number of your module.

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/E23EA4D2-98DC-43B0-9447-9E0E6F04CB20/PCN114167-01.pdf

This should work with the X710 cards as long as it is authentic. It is an older version (pre 2016).

We are now in the process of getting it added to the compatible products site.

The -IT is part of the Finisar part number that changes with different versions. As you can see in the PCN, the -IT part changed to IT1 for the newer version.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello azi123,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Hope this email finds you well. We need to further check this compatibility question that you have. Please give us 2 to 3 days to provide an update.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

azi123
Beginner

Hi Michael,
Thank you for consideration for my question.

Is there any update on my question?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello azi123,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. Please check the details below for the rest of our update on your inquiry.

Please open this link below that mentioned the part number of your module.

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/E23EA4D2-98DC-43B0-9447-9E0E6F04CB20/PCN114167-01.pdf

This should work with the X710 cards as long as it is authentic. It is an older version (pre 2016).

We are now in the process of getting it added to the compatible products site.

The -IT is part of the Finisar part number that changes with different versions. As you can see in the PCN, the -IT part changed to IT1 for the newer version.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos