Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Creating a VLAN disables the associated adapter's protocols except Intel Advanced Network Services Protocol

GRome1
Beginner

I need to be able to connect to a VLAN and physical LAN simultaneously. How can I accomplish this with the I219-V adapter. I installed the driver (12.18.8.9) and created the VLAN. I am able to participate just fine on the VLAN but the associated adapter no longer participates on the regular network. All protocols get disabled and I cannot enable them as long as the VLAN exists. Windows 10 with all latest updates.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will check your query and update you as soon as possible. Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, Can you share the Operating System used? This would help us on checking the issue Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRome1
Beginner

Windows 10 Professional with all the latest updates applied.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, Thank you for the reply. Can you provide which Windows 10 version installed? You might want to visit this link for some details about Intel® Advanced Network Services VLANs: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000005677/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GRome1
Beginner

Forget it. It will be faster and more cost-effective to switch out the motherboard with a different interface. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, Thank you for the reply. If you are using the same system again, you can try to create another VLAN with VLAN ID = 0. This will create an untagged VLAN and should be able to allow communicate to non VLAN network. Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello GRome1, We just want to check if you still tried our last recommendation or did you switched the board? If you did, is it working fine now? Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, How are you today? Sharing with you the steps on how to create tagged and untagged VLAN using Powershell. I hope this would be helpful to you. 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN. 5. PowerShell will prompt for VLAN ID For tagged VLAN, type the desired VLAN ID. For example: VLAN ID = 9 To create an untagged VLAN, type VLAN ID = 0 When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. Looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello GRome1, Good day! We've also shared the steps on how to create tagged and untagged VLAN through email. We hope that our suggestion was of help to you. If you have additional questions, please let us know and we will be glad to assist you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos