Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5158 Discussions

DSA always offers to update the Network Adapter Driver

GenePauly
New User

I've got several ThinkPad laptops (X230, X230t, W530) with Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Since some time earlier this year, Intel DSA is suggesting to update the Network Adapter Driver.

E.g. this is what it's showing right now:

Description:
Installs the Intel® Network Adapter drivers release 29.3 for Windows® 10
Version:
Release date:
August 23, 2024
Size:
24.69 MB

But when the installer is executed, it shows "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer.", the update is listed as failed, and next time DSA offers it again.

The actual network adapter listed in Windows device manager is called Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection. The driver listed there is 12.15.30.0 from 18/08/2015. I haven't used Ethernet in a long time, but I suppose it would probably work fine with the current driver.

Anyway, there must be a problem with DSA that is erroneously suggesting this driver update when it actually doesn't support my old network adapter. Or if the driver update is supposed to cover my old network adapter, then something is going wrong with the driver install.

I would be quite happy if there was a way to tell DSA "I don't want to be bothered about this device driver updates anymore". I use DSA to update the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for the AX210 card I have in these laptops.

Please advise.

Best regards,

Gene

0 Kudos
0 Replies