Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Dell Command updated Latitude e5570 & my l219-LM no longer does Gigabit speed

ZackH
Beginner

I think it was a firmware update. I see that I'm now on version 1.25.3.  I have tried this with plenty of networks, and it always negotiates to FE speed (100Mbit).  I even tried a few different driver versions, but none was able to fix this.  I know for a fact that it should be negotiating to Gigabit speed, as I am Cisco CCNA certified, and have tried this in multiple environments.  Also having an issue with my other computer, which is a Latitude e5590 (has the same l219-LM Ethernet chipset), recently updated to firmware 1.21.0. I dual boot Windows and Linux on that computer, and in either OS it doesn't even detect when I plug in an Ethernet cable.  Has anyone else been experiencing l219-LM Ethernet issues with more recent Dell Latitude firmware updates?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like you need to talk to dell regarding their firmware.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

If you are using the Embedded Network controller of your Dell laptop and your concern would be for their firmware update, it would be best to contact Dell the OEM for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your network controller. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the network controller.  

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ZackH
Beginner

I would like to reach out to Dell. What is the best way to get their attention?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
ZackH
Beginner

My warranty ran out, so they weren't able to provide support : (

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

We are sorry to hear that your warranty for your unit has already expired, however since your concern is regarding on their (Dell) firmware they should still be able to provide you some assistance. We do apologize that we are not able to provide you any assistance since your inquiry is regarding Dell's firmware and this would be out of our scope of support. Please try getting in touch with Dell for further assistance. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further. If none, please advise us if we can close the case.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ZackH
Beginner

Actually, I have a feeling that Dell won't be very helpful. I believe that reverting to a previous firmware version may fix my problem. Is this possible? I know that modern systems have not only BIOS/UEFI firmware but also Management Engine and other firmware. I think that reverting may be the quickest way to fix my issues with the l219-LM Ethernet chipset.  If it doesn't fix it, then I can consider other possibilities, but at least I'll have more information. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

We do apologize we cannot provide recommendations regarding Dell's firmware downgrade because it would depend on how the firmware was made. You would really need to contact them directly in order to get confirmation if Dell would allow it and ask for the procedures.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ZackH,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos