Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Dell Latitude 6530 network card drivers and upload speed

LGryv
Beginner

Hello,

am from Lithuania, Europe. Have wired LAN internet (direct to PC, no wireless), 100 Mbps download/upload both to Lithuania and abroad. Dell Latitude 6530 HG7RWW1, Windows Firewall, Nod 32, Windows 7 64 bit. Noticed my upload to Europe is only 5-6 Mpbs, to Lithuania - 80-90 Mbps. Download is 80-90 Mbps to everywhere in Europe. Disabled firewall and Nod - 32 nothing changed. Scanned with Nod 32 and Malwarebytes - nothing. Can't understand, where the reason is.

Also have to note my first hop of tracert always gives time outs, so time outs for DHCP. Contacted my ISP, they came, turned their PC on and got 80-90 Mbps upload. Told problem was on my side and left.

Then decided to update all drivers, unfortunately got this even tried many times (see attachment).

Also noticed my network card's 812579 LM driver is 16.8.45.0 from February 21st, 2013, but when I try to search for driver update, system says your driver is up to date, which is very strange - how 3 years old driver could be up to date?

Any ideas on upload speed and drivers update?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi 6530,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

The screenshot attached shows only the chipset and the Wireless connection driver versions. With regards to the drivers, we do not always update the driver of older network card. Even if we provide updated driver package, the driver for these adapters remains at the same version.

The slow upload speed to Europe is due to the limit set by internet providers to discourage home users to push large amount of data. If you wish to have a faster upload speed, please contact your service provider.

As I see it, you don't have any issues with your wired LAN connection since you are able to make fast upload and download within Lithuania.

I hope I was able to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
LGryv
Beginner

When my ISP support guys came with tablet and checked speed with the same cable, they got 80-90 Mbps to Europe. I get 6 Mpbs, so they say problems are on my side. So I just try to make everything I can on my side.

0 Kudos