Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Dell R630 With Intel 10G X520 Adaptor, Device cannot start Error

SUbal
Beginner

I have Dell R630 with Intel 10G X520 Adaptor, on Windows server 2016, BIOS & Firmware are upto date, but still 2*X520 adaptor not showing any link status or NIC status on OS, however, on iDRAC NIC & link status showing correctly.

Intel base drivers & NIC drivers also installed on servers, but only 1 adaptor out of 3 is updated with the drivers, on remaining 2 NIC's,getting device cannot start error 10

Regards

Sachin Ubale.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello SUbal,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the markings from the product label, so we can confirm if this is an Intel Retail version of the adapter.

Before we proceed, let me just inform you that I am going to close the other forum thread that you created as duplicate of this thread. We are going to assist you on this thread.

For us to further check the issue, please help generate the SSU and send it to us.

1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open SSU.exe

3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

4- When finished scanning, click "Next".

5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SUbal
Beginner

Hello Michael

Thanks for the reply,

Here is the hardware id of the devices, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_154D,

Also find attached SSU

Regards

Sachin Ubale.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SUbal,

Thank you for sending the SSU.

X520 is detected in the SSU, however there the default IS gateway is not available.

Let me just check abd please provide the following details for me to further investigate this.

1. Is it working before?
  2. If X520 is working before, what was the last known settings or did you change anything before it stopped working?
  3. Please check device manager if X520 is disabled.
  4. Please check also your BIOS settings.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
SUbal
Beginner

Thanks for the reply

Is it working before? this is new setup, we have not use this NIC model on the servers before, but we have 4 more servers with slimier configuration where everything is working as expected, only issue on 2 hosts

Please check device manager if X520 is disabled. we have 3*X520 with duel port installed on both the servers,(Slot1,Slot2,Slot3) on one server 3 ports are up, on other server only 1 port is up, if i look at device manager all the adapters are enabled, but with error, drivers are not installed against this adapter

If i try to install the device manually, i am getting error "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it, This device cannot start (code 10)"

Please note 1 Slot is still showing up and drivers are also updated.

Please check also your BIOS settings, on the BIOS and on iDRAC, all the network adaptor are showing up and Mac ID,link status,link speed showing correctly

Also, note that if we put the HPE ethernet on this slots, they are getting detected on OS,

but with Intel NICs, all ports are not getting detected, all this NIC's are newly procured and we tried some of them, but those are not detected on OS

Regards

Sachin Ubale.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SUbal,

Thank you for providing more of your isolation troubleshooting. Let me gather more details.

1. You mentioned that you installed HPE ethernet cards and they are detected. Have you tried installing your X520 on a different system and check if they are also detected properly?
  2. You mentioned that you have 4 servers with similar configurations and they are working fine. Is the X520 are working finde and detected properly on those servers?
  3. How many X520 are not being detected or having the same errors?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SUbal,

I just want to make a follow up on the following information that I requested.

1. You mentioned that you installed HPE ethernet cards and they are detected. Have you tried installing your X520 on a different system and check if they are also detected properly?
  2. You mentioned that you have 4 servers with similar configurations and they are working fine. Is the X520 are working finde and detected properly on those servers?
  3. How many X520 are not being detected or having the same errors?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SUbal,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos