Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Dell T7600 does not boot with a X540-T2

JJoac
Beginner

Hi,

I just upgraded a Dell T7600 Workstation. I also wanted to add a 10Gbit ethernet card, but the computer does not boost correct. The BIOS is starting with loading but it hangs before the OS is loading. I'm also not able to get access to the BIOS settings. If i take out the card, the computer is booting without any problems. Also the PCIe slot that i used works with a graphics card.

I take this card from a actual Dell T7910 workstation, so i know the card is working. I also tried a second card - also with not success. I updated the BIOS to the latest version...

I found on other pages that a PCIe 2.0 slot could help, but i'm not able to set this in the BIOS settings.

Does anybody has an idea? I would like to start with 10Gbit in our company.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Achim_F,

Thank you for the post. The tech spec shows X520-T2 NIC is optional network adapter (recommended model) for Dell Precision T7600

http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/Dell_Precision_T7600_Spec_Sheet.pdf.

You may check with Dell* support if X540-T2 has any compatibility issue with Dell* T7600 workstation, normally the system vendor is the one validate the compatibility of the network adapter added on their system.

Checking on the Dell* website http://www.dell.com/support/article/ph/en/phbiz1/SLN290764# Network, the system came with two onboard NIC, can you try disabling the onboard NIC to see if this will help?

If you want to set the PCI-E in the BIOS, please check with Dell* support.

Hope the above information could be of help.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
JJoac
Beginner

Hi,

Yes i tried to disable both onboard NIC, or just one. I also tried to take out all PCIe cards and disable the onboard Raid controller. Everything without success.

I will try to get some information from Dell. Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Achim_F,

Thank you for the update.

Rgds,

wb

0 Kudos