Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Digital signature Broken on latest Intel ProSet 21.1 Drivers??

idata
Employee

I was installing the latest drivers for my motherboard, I211 + I219-V on a fresh W10 x64, the 21.1 package.

I219-V work fine

But the new Drivers for I211 (at least, maybe others too) inside ProSet 21.1 are signed ¿Wrong? by INTELNPG1, and Windows refuse them with the classical Error 52.

ProSet 21.0, in other hands, work fine, the sign are correct. issued not by INTELNPG1, but Intel(R) Intel Network Drivers.

Not a drama, but it would be nice to install a properly signed driver to use it.

More strange, Drivers for I219-V are signed by INTELNPG1 too, and work fine (same cert)

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities.

We'd like to confirm if you're able to successfully install the network adapter driver (e1r65x64.sys version 12.12.226.0 dated 05/04/2015) from Proset 21.0 package for your i211 on W10 x64.

This will help us isolate whether the error 52 was caused by driver signature or other factors.

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Exactly, e1r65x64.sys 12.12.226.0 (05/04/2015) work fine in this moment without any problem on i211

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, thanks for the confirmation, please share which file you've downloaded from our download center.

Windows 10 21.1 driver - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

or

21.1 CD - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapters-Connections-CD

Have you tried to download it again or try the CD version? Thanks.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The first one, W10 21.1 driver, PROWinx64.exe. The same behavior with the packet from ASUS (they use the same driver). Anyway, is not a a problem with the download, md5 is correct, and cd version is the same driver too, same problem.

Image Attached:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, thanks for the information, while i'm still investigating your issue. please continue to use the working driver (version 12.12.226.0). Have you tried contacting ASUS regarding your issue, they can confirm if other similar system also encounters the same problem with version 12.15.184.0.

Kindly confirm if I have the correct understanding on your driver installation sequence. Thanks.

1. Install driver to version 12.15.184.0 - encountered error 52.

2. Install driver version 12.12.226.0

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Another Fresh W10 x64 (installed a new nvme SSD), same behavior.

Default W10 Driver work fine too: 12.15.22.6 - 05/04/2016.

The only Driver Im encountering problem is with latest 12.15.184.0

I'll try to contact with ASUS about the issue too.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, we'd like to request for additional details of your system, please run the Intel(R) System Support Utility and attach the result in this thread.

Download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, no problem.

I had an official response from ASUS today too, saying that they had been scaled the issue to lab.

Thank for all.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Theliel, we'll check your file and update this thread as soon as possible.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, I'd like to confirm if you've tried manual installing the 12.15.184.0 driver via device manager.

Thanks,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, of course, and same behavior

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Theliel, we've done internal testing of I211 in Windows 10 64bit using the web pack driver of PROSet 21.1 but not able to encounter the same issue.

Any update from your ASUS contact?

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, we have new web pack version 22 available in our download center, please try it out.

Download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

kindly uninstall your existing i211 driver installed in your system, select "delete the driver software for this device".

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel,

Please let us know if you were able to try out web pack version 22.

thanks,

Vince
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi again and sorry my absence,

Seen work fine, finally. However, I have not tested with the installation from ProSet, but updating the Driver directly by extracting it from ProSet (With the previous version, it was impossible in any way). I see that the version for I211 is the same (at least the version number), although the date differs.

In any case, the new Driver seems to work properly, I will try these days to perform a complete installation of ProSet anyway and try.

Thanks for your time.

Note: Up to date, ASUS has not yet given any signs of life. The only change in that aspect was a BIOS update released a few days ago on the plate support, which I installed anyway, although the problem persisted equally.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Theliel, Thanks for the update, glad to know the new web pack fixes your issue. Please let us know if you still need additional assistance.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos