Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Does E810-CQDA1 support 40GbE?

MHuan19
Beginner

I saw Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-CQDA1 spec page shows below data rate info

Data Rate Per Port : 100/50/25/10GbE
https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/products/sku/192561/intel-ethernet-network-adapter-e810cqda1/specifications.html?countrylabel=Asia%20Pacific

It shows 50G, not 40G.

My question is Does E810-CQDA1 support 40GbE?
Can I connect it to a 40GbE network switch with QSFP28 ports 40G running?
Can I connect it to a 40GbE ethernet card with QSFP28 ports 40G running? (for example, Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2)

Thanks a lot,
Mark

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We hope you don't mind sharing below information for some clarifications so we can better understand your request. 

1. May we know the reason why do you need 40Gbe connection on your E810-CQDA1?

2. When you mentioned 'Can I connect it to a 40GbE network switch with QSFP28 ports 40G running?'

Do you mean can you connect the E810-CQDA1 on a 40Gbe capable switch? Or do you wish to know if you can configure the E810-CQDA1 at 40 Gbe speed?

3. For 'Can I connect it to a 40GbE ethernet card with QSFP28 ports 40G running? (for example, Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2)'

Do you mean can you connect Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2 and configure with with 40Gbe?

4. Please share more information regarding your intended configuration. Your specification requirements, what would be your Operating System and model of network switch. 

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MHuan19
Beginner

1. May we know the reason why do you need 40Gbe connection on your E810-CQDA1?
=> Our switch can only support 40GbE(QSFP), 25GbE(SFP28) and 10GbE(SFP+).
      So we'd like to know if E810-CQDA1 can connect to the 40GbE(QSFP) port with 40G running.

2. When you mentioned 'Can I connect it to a 40GbE network switch with QSFP28 ports 40G running?'
    Do you mean can you connect the E810-CQDA1 on a 40Gbe capable switch? Or do you wish to know if you can configure the E810-CQDA1 at 40 Gbe speed?
=> Yes and yes, As I mentioned above. We'd like to connect E810-CQDA1 to the 40GbE(QSFP) port of switch with 40G running.

3. For 'Can I connect it to a 40GbE ethernet card with QSFP28 ports 40G running? (for example, Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2)'
    Do you mean can you connect Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2 and configure with with 40Gbe?
=> Yes, we also had XL710-QDA2 on hand. So we'd like to know if E810-CQDA1 can connect to XL710-QDA2 with 40G running.

4. Please share more information regarding your intended configuration. Your specification requirements, what would be your Operating System and model of network switch. 
=> OS: Win10
      switch: S5860-20SQ (https://www.fs.com/products/108710.html)

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the swift response.

First, we'd like to set your expectation that Windows 10 Operating System is not listed as supported OS for E810-CQDA1 and XL710-QDA2. 

You may check this link for the list of Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-CQDA1 only supports 100/50/25/10GbE Data Rate Per Port and 40GbE is not listed. You may be able to use your E810-CQDA1 using 25GbE and 10GbE connection.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/641671

For Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2, this indeed support 40/10GbE.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/641686

For us to provide further recommendation, please share the PBA of the adapters. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. We will be sending an email for you to attach the photos of the adapter. Please be reminded not to post the photos on this thread to avoid exposing confidential information. This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

We are sending this message to confirm that we received your reply via email.

Please allow us to check this request together with our engineers for further recommendation. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below feedback from our higher level support. 

Based in E810-CQDA1 product brief, it does not support 40GB. Please also check the "Supported Physical Layer Interfaces" on the document page 4.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/641671

Feel free to let us know i you have questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our latest update. If yes, please confirm and let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MHuan19
Beginner

Understood, it does not support 40GB.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Mark,

Appreciate your swift response.

If no additional assistance is needed, please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and keep safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos