Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Does I210 support 802.3az (EEE) with NC-SI?

Reindeer
Beginner

Hi, 

I would like to know if I210 support 802.3az (EEE) when it is used with NC-SI interface. 

From I210 datasheet, it says I210 supports 802.3az(EEE), but it doesn't say in which scenario.  From the context it sounds I210 only support 802.3az(EEE) when it is connected to the host CPU with PCI-E interface.

Could you help to confirm if or not I210 support 802.3az (EEE) when it is used with NC-SI interface? And in case it supports, could you share more guidance about how to implement in NC-SI driver?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Reindeer
Beginner

May I expect some quick response/confirmation for this query from Intel support?  Thanks a lot!  

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities and we sincerely apologize for the delay in our response. 

Before we further check your query, can you please provide the following information?

1.) Operating System you intend to use?

2.) Is the I210 embedded on the motherboard? If yes, please provide the model of your motherboard.

We look forward to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Reindeer
Beginner
Hi Crisselle,

1. Operating OS: Linux
2. Yes, I210 is mounted on the mother board of server. The I210 is connected to Board Management CPU via NC-SI interface.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Thank you for the swift response.

Please allow us to further investigate your query. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Good day!

Please be informed that we are still checking your query. We will give you an update as soon as we've heard from our higher level but no later than 1-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Reindeer
Beginner

Hi Crisselle, 

Is there update available? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

I hope you are doing great!

We sincerely apologize for the delay as we are thoroughly checking on this with our engineers. We hope you don't mind giving us more time to look into this. Rest assured that we will update you as soon as there is any findings but not later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Reindeer
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

That's all right! Thanks for the support!

Br,

Reindeer 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Good day!

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation with our engineers. We will provide an update as soon as we've heard from them but no later than 2-4 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

How are you today? 

This is just an update to inform you that we are still checking your request with the help of our engineers. We will make sure to keep you posted and give an update within 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

I hope you are doing good!

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation with our engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as there is any but no later than 2-4 business days.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Reindeer
Beginner

I am waiting for the result! 

It starts to confuse me why this query would take Intel so long time to investigate.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay on our response. It took us some time in investigating your query. 

We have heard an update from our Engineers, please check the details below.

802.3az define EEE which need Ethernet Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS)/ Physical Medium Attachment Sublayer (PMA)/ Physical Medium Dependent Sublayer (PMD) to implement the related function. 

NCSI is Reduced media-independent interface (RMII) which have no related with EEE circuit. So NCSI have no EEE function.

If you have questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Reindeer
Beginner

Ok, that's clear! Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Appreciate your prompt reply and thank you for your kind understanding.

If you don't have any additional questions for this request, please be informed that we will now proceed with closure.

Thank you for your time and cooperation throughout the process. Should you need assistance in the future, kindly submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards, 

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Reindeer,

Good day!

Before we proceed closing this case, we'd like to let you know that it took us quite some time to provide information because it is a design related inquiry. We have requested assistance from our engineers so we can provide an accurate support/solution.

Again, your patience and cooperation on this request is highly appreciated. 

May you have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos