Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Does IA219LM have compatibility with Intel Pro/1000?

Yassy
Beginner

Dear all,

Let me know the list of pro/1000 compatible chip after 2016.

We have Performance driver for Pro/1000 and compatible chip and we know 210 have compatibility with pro1000. I want to know about new products.

Best Regards,

Yassy

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for posting in our Intel Ethernet Communities Forum.

To confirm you mean I219-LM, right?

Please give more details about that performance driver. Did you customize the driver?

Are you asking what chips have succeeded the Pro/1000?

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yassy
Beginner

Dear Intel support team,

Thank you for taking my case.

Yes, I asked about I219-LM, but I want to know which controller have Intel Pro1000 compatible.

We are GigE camera manufactuler for FA use which supported GigEVision(AIA) protocol on UDP.

We have two types of GigE driver which skipped socket driver stack and connect to our GigEVision livrary to improve performance because image data uses high bandwidth.

One of them is we call "Filter driver", it is general purpose GiGE driver for all of GigE controller. and the other one is "Performance driver" it tuneed for IntelPro1000 and Pro1000 comatible controller. for detail you can see explanation for performance driver.

https://www.baslerweb.com/en/sales-support/knowledge-base/frequently-asked-questions/can-you-tell-me-which-network-adapters-are-compatible-with-the-basler-pylon-performance-driver/15176/

We know I210 is Pro1000 compatible but we don't know the latest information.

So I'd like to know which products have compatibility for Intel Pro1000.

Best Regards,

Yasuhara

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank your for sharing those information.

May we know what operating system and version does your driver support or intended for?

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yassy
Beginner

Dear Alfred,

I want to poit for Windows7 and 10 and also focussing NDIS6.

Let me know it is enough for you?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Yasuhara

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for providing this information.

Please allow us some time to check on this.

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Due to the complexity of your case, and the many variables that needs to be considered, please allow us more time to check on your concern.

We hope for your understanding and patience on this. We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our answer.

We have spent the last few days reviewing the information that you have provided.

We just need to clarify some things.

Are you looking for the successor for the ethernet controller that you were using that will be able to support the feature that you have provided?

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yassy
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for working hard for me.

I want to know the model name compatible with Intel Pro1000 among the Ethernet Controllers supplied after I210.

Because we have intermediate drivers(we call performance driver) that have improved performance for Intel Pro1000 and compatibles.

Best Regards,

Yassy

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for clarifying.

From our end, what we can provide you is the successor of the pro/1000 chipset. In other words, we will provide you the product that was the replacement of the pro/1000 chipset, however you still need to check with Basler to confirm that the product that we will be advising you is really compatible.

We hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yassy
Beginner

Hi Alfread,

Thank you for your advice.

I will ask Basler to reconfirm our list.

And let me know imodel name for successor of the pro/1000 chipset after I210.

Best Regards,

Yasuhara​

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update.

The I210 and the I219 are the latest Gigabit controllers and is the successor to the controller on the Pro/1000. The newest controller is i225 and they are the successor for the i219. As we have set on our previous post, we cannot fully determine if this is compatible with the third-party driver that you will be using. Better to check with Basler if this will be compatible and will function properly on their driver.

These controllers are currently available on some third party motherboards.

We hope that the information above addressed your concern. If you have further questions, please let us know. If we do not hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy,,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to assess the information that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Yassy, 

We need to close this thrad since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you still need assistance with your concern, you can reply back to the thread or create another topic, and we will be more than glad to assist you 

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos