Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Does jetson TX2 support intel I350-t4V2 ?

NLain1
Beginner

Hello,

Actually, I am working with the jetson TX2 and with a Gige camera. I need to connect the camera to the jetson in dual Gige to increase the frame per second.

The camera´s manufacturer advice to use intel I350-t4V2 PCI. I need to be sur that the jetson support your product.

Here, the following informations :

~$uname -srm

Linux 4.9.140-tegra aarch64

~$ cat /etc/*-release

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04

DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS"

NAME="Ubuntu"

VERSION="18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"

ID=ubuntu

ID_LIKE=debian

PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS"

VERSION_ID="18.04"

HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/"

SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/"

BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"

PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy"

VERSION_CODENAME=bionic

UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic

Thank you !

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

In regards to compatibility inquiry, only the manufacturer of the Jetson TX2 can confirm if the I350 is compatible/validated on their product. As the compatibility of the network card would be based on the board. 

We can only confirm that Ubuntu 18.04 is supported on I350 network card.

You may visit the link below for your reference.

Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NLain1
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you a lot for your answer.

Actually, I already to Nvidia, and the driver is supported, and already installed :

jetson@jetson-desktop:~$ gunzip < /proc/config.gz | egrep 'CONFIG_IGB'

CONFIG_IGB=y

CONFIG_IGB_HWMON=y

CONFIG_IGBVF=y

Apparently, there are some hardware issues, because Intel card pull down the i2c lines and cause the system issue on our board.

Nvidia suggest me to mask out I2C pin. Can you please confirm the pin :

I2C_INTEL.png Furthermore, do you know if mask out those pins will be the result of other issues ?

Thank you a lot

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Good to hear that it is supported and already installed.

In regards to your question, please allow us to further investigate on this. Rest assured that we will get back to you within 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Please provide the additional information below for us to further check on your request.

1.) Kindly confirm if you are using PCIe Ethernet card and not a controller that's embedded on your board. You may also share the PBA and serial number of the adapter. Please refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number.Alternatively, you may also provide photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card for us to double check on it. The PBA is consist of 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

2.) In regards to the table 2-8 you have provided, the SFP pins, can you share the link of the website where you got it?

3.) Please provide the detailed instructions Nvidia gave to you.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to continue to check on your request. In case you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
NLain1
Beginner

Hello,

Many thanks for your answer.

I am sorry about my lack of reactivity, but I've had to come back in my contry because of the virus, and I didn't have time to answer you.

In fact, there is any hardware issue between the jetson TX2 and your i350-t4. The driver was already installed, by default ! Nvidia thought that it could have some issues because of previous jetson model, and different kinds of PCI from intel.

I have an other issues.

Actually, I acquire image from a camera. I can use the camera in single Gige or Dual Gige. In single Gige, the camera is able to send an image to the jetson every 400ms. In dual Gige, every 200ms, that is why it is very interesting for my application (I am working on image processing, and I need to acquire image as fast as possible). I already connected the camera in single Gige, and it works well.

The camera is connected directly to the jetson. I don't use switch. Ethernet port of the jetson is connected to the camera directly.

To connect the camera in dual Gige, I need two ethernet ports on the jetson. That is I've bought your PCI.

To work in single Gige, to connect the camera I just need to enter the following command :

sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.3.9 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 9000

To connect the camera in dual Gige, the camera's manufacturer give the following command :

ip link add mybond type bond

ip addr add dev mybond 192.168.3.1/24

ip link set mybond up

ip link set eth4 down

ip link set eth4 master mybond

ip link set eth3 down

ip link set eth3 master mybond

ip link set mybond mmtu 90000

The output of the first command is :

sudo ip link add mybond type bond

[sudo] password for jetson:

#RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported

I tried to connect the camera with an ethernet port from the PCI, and it works well (in single Gige).

I have now 2 questions :

Does your intel i350-t4 supports network bonding ?

Do you know how configure kernel to enable bonding ? That is not specific to nvidia, because this is ubuntu distribution, and anybody is able to give me clear answer (#RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported)

Thank you a lot !

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Not a problem at all. Thank you for your effort in sending us a reply.

To answer your additional questions regarding Network bonding, please refer to the link below and scroll down to Linux Ethernet Bonding (channel bonding or teaming) in Linux

Teaming with Intel® Advanced Network Services

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005667/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

We hope that the above information was of help to your query.

Additionally, can you provide the requested information on our previous post for us to further check on your query.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

How are you doing today?

We'd like to follow up the additional requested information for us to further investigate on your request.

Awaiting to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello NLain1,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Best regards,

Crisselle Franz

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos