Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Driver Intel Thernet Connection (11) I219-V for Windows 7

Antinon
Beginner

Hello,

I need driver Intel Thernet Connection (11) I219-V for Windows 7 (VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D)

0 Kudos
20 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Intel will probably say Windows 7 is no longer supported, but you can still get a driver from a third party ...

Drivers Download for Windows 10, 11, 7, 8/8.1, Vista (64/32 bits) - RocketDrivers.com

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner

I have tried many driver updater and found nothing.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"but you can still get a driver from a third party ..."

I recommend against using 3rd party driver sites, unless you are not concerned about security.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner
I do not care. Give me, please, original or non-original driver!
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Regarding the driver, please open the link below and download the driver manually.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15590/18713/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-7-final-release.html

I also suggest to follow the clean driver installation to make sure that the old driver is completely removed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

If you still have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner
This is not the solution. These drivers are not installed, because there is no driver Intel EThernet Connection (11) I219-V for Windows 7 (VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D).
If i replace the driver with another for example: Intel EThernet Connection I219-V for Windows 7
I get error - code 10
0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Windows 7 is an unsupported operating system ... it's outdated and full of security holes.  If you stick with it, you will inevitably have more and more problems!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

I am really sorry to hear that. For us to further check the issue, I need to gather the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard I219-V?
  2. Are you having issues with your I219-V that is why you want to load the drivers?
  3. What is the brand and model of your board or system?
  4. Can you share a screen capture of the error?
  5. Please help generate the SSU logs of your system, kindly download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

If you still have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner
  1. No. I am use Intel Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V.
  2. I have the problem with OS WIndows 7 search for driver.
  3. Gigabyte H410M S2 V2 
  4. Yes. Two screenshots after install driver I219-V.
  5. SSU LOG
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

Thank you for providing the information that we requested. Please give us 2 to 3 business days to further check this and provide an update.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

Thank you so much for being patient. Here are our findings on this issue and from the details you provided to us.

1. Base on the screen shot provided, it seems that the chipset driver is not installed yet. Please be advised that it is necessary to install the chipset driver first prior installing the graphics, audio, LAN and other subcomponents.
  2. Also please check with your motherboard manufacturer Gigabyte if your motherboard still supports Windows 7. Base on their website, H410M S2 V2. It seems that it is only validated for Windows 10. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H410M-S2-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver
  3. You may also need to check with Gigabyte if they have a driver available for Windows 7. base on the logs, you are using an onboard/embedded LAN and the manufacturer is still the best source of support.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner
Tech support gigabyte replied has no drivers for windows7 and advised to contact tech support intel, because the Ethernet chip on the motherboard is manufactured by intel. I only installed the chipset driver, but nothing has changed.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen processors and later.   You have a 10th gen (i3-10100F).    I guess the good news is that you can now run Windows 11 if you want.

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner

IMG_20210920_134509.jpg

I dont like your answer. Ethernet driver does not depend on processor generation. The choice of ethernet driver depends the individual chip on the motherboard. The wgi219 (i c 14) chip is installed on the motherboard. If there was a realtek chip, i would not write the intel forum.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Like itor not, Windows 7 is not supported for your board or your processor.  That is  also why gigabyte does not have a driver.

0 Kudos
Antinon
Beginner
Does the ethernet controller wgi219 ic14 S112NN12 support windows 7?
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

I am really sorry to hear that. However if the Ethernet controller is embedded on the board, it is now being controlled by the board's BIOS so it will now depend on the supported OS of the board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The OP should not be using Windows 7 anyway.

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Kevin Mitnick was on Coast to Coast radio show last night ... you don't want to be using Windows 7!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Antinon,

We really  apologize however the driver that we previously provided is the only driver we have for Windows 7. Since it does not work, this could already be a driver or OS compatibility with the motherboard. Gigabyte also confirms that his motherboard does not support Windows 7 so we highly recommend to use Windows 10.

Also, since you are using an onboard LAN, we still suggest it is better to check with the board manufacturer if they have other recommendations that will suit your planned usage on the motherboard.

As for this thread, we need to close this thread since the issue lies on driver availability or OS compatibility with your motherboard.  

If you need assistance again in the future, please post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos