Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

Driver Issues with X540 and Windows 10 1809

friendlyguy
Beginner

Hi there!

I am having a hard time with my Intel X540 NIC due to multiple Driver Issues I had / have with multiple Windows 10 Releases (from 1703 to 1809): I was unable to modify VLANs through the ANS at all and had to reinstall my operating system because of that. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Drivers / Updating / restoring system-restore points... nothing brought the ability back to create new VLAN "Adapters" or modify existing ones. I was able to create them "in the beginning" but I cant tell which specifc release of windows that was.

I followed multiple "Guides" from Intel to fix it:

I do need access to a couple of VLANs otherwise I can't work.

The machine is a workstation for Development, so this causes dozen of hours of work for me to set everything up again.

I believe you get that I am frustrated.

Anyhow:

I now have a fresh Windows 10 1809 Installation, installed the latest Intel Drivers for my NICs (23.5.2) and: the ANS Tabs do not appear when I open the properties of my NIC?!

Can you help me with that?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
friendlyguy
Beginner

Hi there!

I wanted to give you guys an update: I am finally able to create vlan interfaces again!

The ANS still do not show up if I open the properties of my NIC but: i was able to create vlan interfaces through powershell.

Add-IntelNetVLAN -ParentName "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller X540-AT2" -VLANID 1,2,3...

This didn't work before i reinstalled windows, it just did nothing and timed out after a minute or so.

So for me: Reinstalling windows (read: probably by getting rid of all orphaned settings in the registry from previous driver releases) did fix this issue.

Are the ANS related tabs gone from the GUI, or is this still related to some malfunction?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello friendlyguy, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The Teaming and VLAN features in PROSet for Windows device manager have been removed, as Windows 10 1809 and later no longer supports this function. Please use PowerShell to create Teaming and VLAN. You can check and visit this link for Intel® Ethernet SW 23.5 Release Information https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello friendlyguy, Please let us know if you have additional questions for this matter. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello friendlyguy, Please let us know if you need other assistance for this query. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos