Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

E1G42ET

Kevig
Beginner

Hello,

I have the E1G42ET and try to establish a LAG (or teaming/802.3ad) .

The switch is set up with a LAG group, the card is installed, drivers are installed.

The proset adaptor utility is installed and report the MB lan adaptor and the E1G42ET but responds the E1G42ET cannot be programmed by the proset.

how do i proceed to create a LAG between my TL-SG1016DE switch and the E1G42ET

asrock B360, win 10,

rgrds

Henk

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kevig,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help us in checking your request.

1.) Driver version and where it was downloaded from? 

2.) Can you confirm that you are using a Link Aggregation capable switch? 

3.) Please share the PBA and serial number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This will help us in identifying if you are using a Retail or Original Equipement Manufacturer (OEM) version. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

4.) Based on the product specifications of Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter link below, Windows 10 Operating System is not on the list of supported Operating System. With this, can you confirm if you are to configure Teaming with this adapter before? Was it successful or is this the first time configuring it on this setup? 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50397/intel-gigabit-et-dual-port-server-adapter.html

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

Driver 12.17.10.8 from your (intel) site, together with proset utility

Yes, already set a LAG group up on the switch (TL-SG1016DE)

serial number see attached picture

drivers where for win 10, it works under win 10 so i think the link you send was for the products spefifications before win 10

both adaptors on this card work fine, but now i want to combine them

no this is the first time i use this card

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kevig,

Appreciate your swift response.

Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to your reply. 

I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days on case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

as requested the SSU

so,

how do i proceed to create a LAG between my TL-SG1016DE switch and the E1G42ET

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kevig,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Please allow us to check on it. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kevig,

Thank you for the patience.

Here is the information of your E1G42ET based on the SSU logs provided.

Intel(R) Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter

Driver:"e1i65x64.sys"

Driver Date:"12-06-2018 12:00"

Driver Path:"C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1i65x64.sys"

Driver Provider:"Microsoft"

Driver Version:"12.17.10.8"

If you can notice, driver provider is Microsoft. This means that you are using inbox driver for this adapter. Unfortunately, for adapters with inbox support, drivers can't be updated automatically or manually and doesn't include Teaming and VLANS.

If you wish to configure VLAN using this adapter, you may consider using Supported Operating System as mentioned on the link below. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50397/intel-gigabit-et-dual-port-server-adapter.html

You may also visit this link for Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM) and check 82576EB as E1G42ET uses this controller. Scroll down to In-box support for more information.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have questions and clarifications.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

hello Crisselle,

so on my question: how do i proceed to create a LAG between my TL-SG1016DE switch and the E1G42ET

did you need:

- Serial number ET, driver version, (understandeble)
- a complete system survey( good for your statistics and data gathering)

To give me the answer:

- Downgrade to win 7 or other obsolete system (????????)

- buy a much much more expensive card (why did you think i bought a cheap card? because i am rich?)

but not a clue how to make it work, regardless the card is completly functional with up to date drivers.

luckely i found a 3e sollution:

I bought a cheap I210 Adapter wich together with the MB I219 Adapter  can create a LAG

with all the information you got from my system you could have come up with this sollution.

referring to the fact sheet from 2008 and saying "you see no win 10"  while win 10 2015 arrived has no value what so ever

but what you are saying is: "you bought a cheap card, **bleep** you, buy a brand new expensive card"

I am sorry i cant afford a card of a computer price.

I hope some other forum member may know a sollution for the ET and i hope next time someone asked this  question you also include the I210 option

rgrds

Henk

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the reply and we apologize for the inconvenience that this have caused. 

Yes, we also have other 1 GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapters that is supported on Windows 10 Operating System and this needs to be purchased. You may check this from the link below and scroll down to 1 GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapters. 

Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025890/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you felt that the recommendation/option provided didn't suffice this request. We will ensure to include all options available in the future. 

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

apologies accepted.

I have now created a static LAG with a (onboard) I219-V and a I210-T1.
This works.
But when i switch to "IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation" the I219 is set to standby.

does this mean the I219 is activated when the load demands it?

Is the dynamic setting better than the static setting? and why?

rgrds
Henk

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the reply and your kind consideration.

You mentioned that 'But when i switch to "IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation" the I219 is set to standby.' With this, can you share the status of the I210-T1 adapter? 

We highly suggest visiting this link for more information regarding IEEE 802.3AD Switch Configurations

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006731/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

the secondary I210-T1 adapter has the status active , so:

Primary          I219       Standby     

secondary     I210      Active

the link you sent was clarifying

rgrds

henk

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the reply. Good to hear that the link provided was clarifying. 

Please allow us to check your follow up question internally. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

How are you doing? I hope you are safe and well!

Just a clarification, you are not having any issue with active and standby adapter when you switched to static LAG. Is that correct? 

Primary is I219 which is Active while Secondary, I210 and Standby? 

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

Still ok, and well

Right, I now use static LAG, both adaptors are active, all works fine

On Dynamic LAG the I210 is active (secondary) and the I219 is standby(primary)

Rgrds

Henk

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the swift response.

Please allow us to continue checking on this. Rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as possible but no later than 1-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

We apologize for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation. Rest assured that we will send an update as soon as there is any but no later than 2-3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

Please see below feedback from our engineering team. 

They looked up the capabilities of the switch named and it does not show that it support Dynamic LAG. It did say that it supports Static LAG. There is also no mention of LACP that is necessary for Dynamic. This may be why the primary is standby and the secondary active.

With this, they would like to check if you are configuring Dynamic on both the system and the switch? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 4 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kevig
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

no, on the switch i have only the option "create LAG group"
(no static, dynamic or LACP setting)
So i dont think i can setup a dynamic LAG

I will stick to the static LAG, it works so i should be fine.

thank you for your support

Grtz

Henk

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Henk,

Thank you for the reply.

If no other assistance is needed, please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Stay safe and well!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos