Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

E3100 Linux Driver

PeteMayes
Beginner
Hi there, I have a Killer E3100 in my laptop, which needs a Linux driver. The E3100 is advertised as supporting Linux, but the Downloads site only has a Windows driver pack. Happy to build/make if necessary, but do I need to reverse engineer the Windows drivers? Is there perhaps some source available?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello PeteMayes,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on the information from ark.intel.com, your Intel® Killer™ Ethernet E3100 2.5 Gbps is compatible with Windows 10 and Linux, as you mentioned. However, our drivers and support are oriented to Windows.

This is because Linux provides its own drivers and firmware for any device that is compatible with their operating system, I recommend you to check with the Linux Support team or forums to get the appropriate drivers, firmware, and instructions to install them.

Also, you may find some important information in the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello PeteMayes,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please allow us to route this query to the concerned team. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello PeteMayes,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on the information from ark.intel.com, your Intel® Killer™ Ethernet E3100 2.5 Gbps is compatible with Windows 10 and Linux, as you mentioned. However, our drivers and support are oriented to Windows.

This is because Linux provides its own drivers and firmware for any device that is compatible with their operating system, I recommend you to check with the Linux Support team or forums to get the appropriate drivers, firmware, and instructions to install them.

Also, you may find some important information in the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
PeteMayes
Beginner

Thanks so much, Deivid. I'll check with the team

0 Kudos