Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

E810 RX Path QOS

MuhammadUzairJawaid

i am trying to test RX path QoS as mentioned in the datasheet. (ETS and Strict in RX path) but unable to test them. can you provide any documentation to make TC0 on strict in RX path and TC2, TC3 on ets with 50 percent BW. How to configure registers?

Hardware Specs

Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter E810-C-Q2

driver: ice
version: 1.8.9
firmware-version: 3.00 0x80008256 1.2992.0
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:82:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: yes

0 Kudos
54 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MuhammadUzairJawaid,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can we ask you first to provide us a picture of the markings both front and back of your Intel Network Adapter E810-C-Q2 so that we can validate if you are using a retail or an OEM adapter. 

Also can we ask what would be your main goal or purpose as to why you are needing this information so we can provide an accurate information or an alternative suggestions, please do advise us.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

Will this information works for finding adopter is retail or OEM? We want to apply QoS on ingress traffic. 

MuhammadUzairJawaid_1-1660200109616.png

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Thank you very much for responding and for providing us an update. We have tried checking the Part no. k91258-006 based on the screenshot that you have provided and unfortunately it is not reflecting on our system. Would it be okay if we can ask for a picture of the markings instead so we can have it validated?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

Pictures. 

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Thank you very much for providing us the markings of your NIC. We will have this further check before providing you our recommendations.

While we are checking on this, can we also confirm the exact OS that you are using for this and also since you have mentioned that you saw this in our datasheet can you advise us which datasheet are you referring and if you have the link please share it with us as well if you can. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

MuhammadUzairJawaid_1-1660301009410.pngMuhammadUzairJawaid_2-1660301292817.png

MuhammadUzairJawaid_3-1660301382230.png

MuhammadUzairJawaid_4-1660301487124.png

Please check the screen shots. 

thank you

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Thank you very much for providing us all the information that we have requested. We are still further checking on your concern. Would it be okay if we can provide an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Please check the document that we have attached on this thread, as this specifies RDMA and it has basic QOS information as well that can help you with your concern.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

Thanks for providing the document. I am more concern with ingress traffic. In datasheet its mentioned there are some registers to configure QoS on RX path. ETS/Non ETS/Strict. How to configure them? I want to set TC0 on strict and TC1, TC2 on ETS 50% BW on receive side.   

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Thank you for responding, we will try to check if we have some further documentation on that or if we can provide you a recommendation instead, however we have no guarantees that we can answer your question as the case was already escalated to our engineers. Please provide us some time to have this check, would it be okay if we can provide an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

Thank you for the help. No issues, i can wait. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

We do apologize for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today, as the case is still escalated to our engineers and its currently being further investigated. Rest assure that we are closely monitoring this case and once an update is available we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days to provide you an update? We thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

We do apologize for the delay since we will not be able to provide you an update today, as the case is still escalated to our engineers and its currently being further investigated. Rest assure that we are closely monitoring this case and once an update is available we will notify you immediately. 

We would like to ask for more time for this, is it okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days to provide you an update? We thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

right no issue. thanks for the efforts.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

We have received an update from our engineering team however they are needing more context for this so that we can advise you properly. Aside from being more concern with ingress traffic, can you also provide us the summary of your plan and the details on the configurations that you have done so far?

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MuhammadUzairJawaid

I want to control the ingress traffic. TC0 is strict and TC1 and TC2 are ETS 50. Using ingress path QoS 

Can you confirm my understanding?  

Intel E810 has the feature of QoS (ETS, NON-ETS, Strict) on ingress RX path inside nic that can control ingress data (policing or traffic shaping).

This can be done by using PF - Rx QoS Registers.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Thank you for advising and for providing us an explanation. We will have this forwarded to our engineers, please provide us some time to have this coordinated. Would it be okay if we can ask for another 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day!

We'd like to inform you that we are still actively working on this issue with our higher level Engineers. We apologize for the delay and rest assured that we are doing our best to sort this out as soon as possible. We will give you another update within 3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day and I hope this message finds you well!

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter as we are thoroughly checking on this. Please give us more time to look into this. Rest assured that we will update you as soon as there is any findings but not later than 3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

How are you today? I hope everything is great!

Please be informed that this request is still escalated to our engineering. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days. 

Thank you for your kind patience and understanding on this matter. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos