Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

EEUPDATE x710

frankpa
Beginner

I would like to download EEUPDATE to use with the x710. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe X710 or an embedded/onboard network controller?
  2. What is the brand and model of your board/system?
  3. Are you having issues with your X170?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

Michael, 

The device is actually an XL710 that is onboard a Curtiss Wright  RTM3-SBC.  Not having issues but just need the eeupdate utility to configure the port. 

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Thank you for the quick reply. Are you going to update the firmware of the network card?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

Hi Michel, 

Yes, the plan is to update the firmware.  I have documentation on the process but I will definitely reach out if I have any questions. 

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Can you provide photos of your PCIe X710 on both sides with clear markings for us to validate if the card is not an OEM unit?

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

Hi Michael, 

I was not able to remove the ruggedized casing...but here are some pics of the hardware I am working with.  The specs state that it is an xl710.  

Thanks,

Frank

Screenshot from 2022-11-08 09-56-03.png

Screenshot from 2022-11-08 10-25-23.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Thank you for all the details that you provided. Just like what you said that the network card is onboard the Curtiss Wright RTM3-SBC. It is best to contact Curtiss Wright for the firmware update. Please be reminded that for Ethernet cards, OEM units cannot use Intel's update file and vice versa since this can damage the card. Onboard network cards are considered OEM units so for the update file and guide, please contact Curtiss Wright.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

Hi Micheal,

Curtiss Wright asked me to contact Intel since they cannot provide the update due to the required NDA.   Curtiss Wright recommends eeupdate version 5.35.57.0.

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

I am sorry to hear that. Let me further check this and get back to you. Please give us 2 to 3 working days tp provide an update.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Upon further checking the EEUPDATE tool from Intel also requires NDA and RDC access. You may find more information in FAQs for Intel® Network Adapters and Controllers link

Where can I find HBA/NIC tools such as lanconf and eeupdate for Windows*, Linux*, Solaris* or EFI*?

Visit the Resource and Design Center. Request adapter information by leaving posts in the support forum.

Intel RDC community forum

We really suggest to contact again Curtiss Wright and check for the requirements to be granted of NDA however, for some reason you cannot grant NDA for them to provide the EEUPDATE tool, you may contact the Intel RDC via Intel RDC community forum.

We Apologize for the inconvenience and we want also to update you that we will be closing the case since the best source of contact should be still your 3rd party manufacturer and Intel RDC.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

Good morning Micheal,

Please don't close the case, there may be a misunderstanding.  Curtiss Wright cannot provide the Intel software to me because Intel requires an NDA for the software and the software is not owned by Curtiss Wright.  I would like to work on the NDA with Intel in order to obtain the software.

Thank you,

Frank

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello frankpa,

Yes we understand. However, you may coordinate all of this with our RDC team. They should be able to further assist you with update and NDA. Kindly contact them for them to assist you further.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
frankpa
Beginner

I understand, thank you Michael.

Can you please provide me with the contact information for the RDC team and I will work with them.

Thanks you,  

Frank

0 Kudos