Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

Error Message when trying to install Driver & Support Assistant

Theagames10
Beginner

I just uninstalled DSA because it was a past version and it was working well.

When trying to re-install DSA, however, I get this message:

0x00000783 - Service 'Intel Driver & Support Assistant' (DSAService) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient priveleges to install system services.

I have attached the log for the current attempt I have done. I really need the help I can get!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Monique_Intel

@Theagames10   Hello.  This is Monique with Intel and I am the IDSA project manager.  I would suggest that you uninstall the Intel® Computing Improvement Program if you find this program listed in the Control Panel/Uninstall a Program area. Restart your system and then try initiating the IDSA scan and see if it successfully scans or updates itself.   Sometimes if you had an older version of ICIP or IDSA installed, it experiences issues getting auto upgraded to the latest version.  Please let me know if this fix worked for you or not.  If it doesn't scan, please zip and provide the IDSA log files from  C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

If you don't have the IDSA installed completely or there aren't any log files at the above location, then please run the IDSA Uninstaller program from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29923/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t and then do a clean install from Download Center of IDSA https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 

Thank you,

Monique with Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Theagames10,

We just want to check if you still have clarifications regarding this case.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Theagames10,

I am just sending another follow up to check if our recommendations worked. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos