Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Ethernet AVB setup

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to create an Ethernet AVB demo setup with the following configuration:

1. Talker running in a PC, with i210 - source code taken from Open AVB in Github - Linux 14.04

2. Listener running in a PC with Intel 82579 LM based Network Controller - Linux 16.04

I am able to build the code for talker and listener and talker application is running.

The listener application terminates after receiving a few packets from talker. It seems the driver used in listener is not AVB compatible. We used the e1000e driver, since we found that the intel card used in the listener supports IEEE 802.1AS and IEEE 802.1Qav protocols which are the bare minimum support needed in a listener.

Can anybody help me to resolve the issue? Should I get another driver or is the network card not expected to work in AVB?

thank you,

Radhika.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Radhika,

Thank you for the post. I will check on this then update you if there is any finding. For the meantime, can you share what is the Linux driver version or the link where you download the driver?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Radhika,

82579LM supports 802.1as but not 802.1QAV

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/82579-gbe-phy-datasheet-vol-2-1.pdf

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Radhika,

I hope my information was able to clarify. Any further assistance needed?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos