I'm trying to create a set-up for a simple Ethernet AVB demo.
I understand I can use the I210 NIC.
Could anyone confirm the following setup is the right way to proceed :
1. PC1 (running Linux Ubuntu in VirtualBox) with I210 NIC
2. PC2 (running Linux Ubuntu in VirtualBox) with I210 NIC
3. PC 1 and 2 with Ethernet AVB software stack (running in Linux Ubuntu in VirtualBox)
4. PC1 and 2 connected using RJ45 cable
5. Talker and Listener software application running in the VMs in the PCs sending and receiving audio samples
Is there anything missing in the above setup in order to get Ethernet AVB to work between 2 PCs?
-> What drivers are required? Do they come along with the NIC on purchase?
Is there a simpler way to achieve the same?
I'm not sure how the VM's would react to AVB in this setup as the hypervisor would need get involved in the whole protocol. First, I would really suggest to test it on the bare HW. After that, the AVB forum is where I would take the questions.
Hi Carl_Wilson, thanks for sharing the sites with us.
Hi AVBNovice, please do check out the sites. If you have further questions, feel free to post them here.
I am personally not that familiar with the AVB forums. The github link I provided in the string was given to me by my engineering team as the place they work with (as part of the community) for AVB specific questions.