Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Ethernet Adapter I219-LM Missing VLAN tab

PFlet1
Beginner

I have a Dell Latitude 5414 Windows 10 Pro. Ethernet Adapter I219-LM. I attempted to set up a VLAN. I clicked on the VLAN tab, set up the VLAN. VLAN was created but it indicated it was disabled and I was unable to enable it. I found a Windows 10 update from Intel site release 23.5.2 (ProWinx64.exe). Downloaded update and now my VLAN Tab s no longer available to me on my I219-LM adapter.i

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel
Hello PFlet1, Sharing this information with you as this may help you resolve the issue. If you upgrade your operating system from Microsoft* Windows* 10 RS4 to Microsoft Windows 10 RS5, or from Microsoft Windows 10 RS5 to Microsoft Windows 10 19H1, trying to create an Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) team or Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) may fail or cause Microsoft PowerShell* to hang. Following the below steps will resolve the issue: 1. If Microsoft PowerShell hangs, reboot your system. 2. Uninstall Intel® PROSet and all of its subcomponents 3. Open the Windows Network and Sharing Center. 4. On the left sidebar, click "Change adapter settings." 5. Double click an Intel Ethernet adapter to open its properties. 6. In the section below the "This connection uses the following items" caption, highlight Intel® Advanced Network Services Protocol and click Uninstall. 7. Download the driver* and run the Intel® PROSet* installer (found in the APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 folder) and follow the instructions in the install wizard. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello PFlet1, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The Teaming and VLAN features in PROSet for Windows device manager was removed, as Windows 10 1809 and later no longer supports this function. Please use PowerShell to create VLAN. To create a VLAN in PowerShell use the following: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of VLAN. When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. The PowerShell commands for Intel PROSet are described in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello PFlet1, I just want to check if you tried our last recommendations. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello PFlet1, Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello PFlet1, Sharing this information with you as this may help you resolve the issue. If you upgrade your operating system from Microsoft* Windows* 10 RS4 to Microsoft Windows 10 RS5, or from Microsoft Windows 10 RS5 to Microsoft Windows 10 19H1, trying to create an Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) team or Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) may fail or cause Microsoft PowerShell* to hang. Following the below steps will resolve the issue: 1. If Microsoft PowerShell hangs, reboot your system. 2. Uninstall Intel® PROSet and all of its subcomponents 3. Open the Windows Network and Sharing Center. 4. On the left sidebar, click "Change adapter settings." 5. Double click an Intel Ethernet adapter to open its properties. 6. In the section below the "This connection uses the following items" caption, highlight Intel® Advanced Network Services Protocol and click Uninstall. 7. Download the driver* and run the Intel® PROSet* installer (found in the APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 folder) and follow the instructions in the install wizard. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello PFlet1, I just ant to check if you tried our last recommended steps> kindly update us if the last recommendations worked for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PFlet1
Beginner
Yes it worked! Thanks Mike!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone -------- Original message --------From: Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> Date: 3/25/19 9:37 PM (GMT-05:00) To: gmvvtelco@bright.net Subject: MikeL_Intel answered you: Ethernet Adapter I219-LM Missing VLAN tab @media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { html { -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; } table.container { width: 100% !important; } .hidden-for-mobile { display: none !important; } .callToAction, .callToAction td, .footer { font-size: 12px !important; } .button .text { font-size: 12px !important; } .defaultIndentation { width: 10 !important; } .text { font-size: 12px !important; } a.button { width: 96 !important; } a.buttonWide { width: 118 !important; } a.buttonAuto { padding-left:1em !important; padding-right:1em !important;} a.button, a.buttonWide, a.buttonAuto { height: 23 !important; line-height: 23px !important; border-radius: 4px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 4px !important; -moz-border-radius: 4px !important; } td.buttonWrapper { width: 98 !important; height: 23 !important; } img { display: inline !important; } .circle { border-radius: 50%; clip-path: circle(50px at center); } .square { border-radius: 10%; clip-path: circle(10px at center); } } @media only screen and (min-device-width: 600px) { table.container { width: 600px !important; } } @media screen { @font-face { font-family: 'Salesforce Sans'; font-style: normal; src: local('Salesforce Sans'), local('SalesforceSans'), url(https://forums.intel.com/fonts/SalesforceSans/SalesforceSans-Regular.woff) format('woff'); } } a, a:visited { color: #015BA7; text-decoration:none; } img { display: block; } .preheader { display: none !important; } table { border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0px; mso-table-rspace: 0px; } Hello PFlet1, I just ant to check if you tried our last recommended steps> kindly update us if the last recommendations worked for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation             MikeL_Intel (Intel) Hello PFlet1,I just ant to check if you tried our last recommended steps> kindly update us if the last recommendations worked for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance.Best regards,Michael L.Intel Customer SupportUnder Contract to Intel Corporation   View/Answer   or reply to this email             Replying to       PFlet1 (Customer) asked a question. Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:10 AM Ethernet Adapter I219-LM Missing VLAN tabI have a Dell Latitude 5414 Windows 10 Pro. Ethernet Adapter I219-LM. I attempted to set up a VLAN. I clicked on the VLAN tab, set up the VLAN. VLAN was created but it indicated it was disabled and I was unable to enable it. I found a Windows 10 update from Intel site release 23.5.2 (ProWinx64.exe). Downloaded update and now my VLAN Tab s no longer available to me on my I219-LM adapter.i               MikeL_Intel (Intel) Hello PFlet1,I just ant to check if you tried our last recommended steps> kindly update us if the last recommendations worked for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance.Best regards,Michael L.Intel Customer SupportUnder Contract to Intel Corporation Monday, March 25, 2019 6:37 PM               You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts."   To change or turn off Forums email, log in as 300002124816@intel.com.isvc.   Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ".   For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html.        
0 Kudos
adivvkvns
Beginner

The function VLAD-ID works without problems in the PROset-panel.

0 Kudos