Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Ethernet Cable problem

simon7
Beginner

So here is my problem,

i have a Intel Ethernet Connection 1219-V.

But sometimes my ethernet wifi cuts out/disconnects and its annoying bc i bought a new Ethernet Cable, installed the latest drivers, i get like 32mbs as download speed and that is correct but for some reason when i game my ethernet disconnects randomly mid-game and idk why that is happening bc i looked a lot on Yt/google but nothing is working.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
simon7
Beginner

My motherboard is Z390 GAMING X, but the weird thing is the ethernet is called different('realtek' and not 'Intel ethernet', like on my pc) on a different computer that we use.

IM on windows 10

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am really sorry to hear that. For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Is it working fine before?
  2. Please provide the link of the latest driver that you are using right now
  3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?
  4. Please help generate the SSU of your system for us to know the exact model of the onboard network card. Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the information that we requested below for us to further check the issue.

1. Is it working fine before?
  2. Please provide the link of the latest driver that you are using right now
  3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?
  4. Please help generate the SSU of your system for us to know the exact model of the onboard network card. Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

hey,

srry for the late response.

1) it was yea but somehow it is now cutting out randomly

2)https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/82186/intel-ethernet-connection-i219v/downloads.html

3) i have watched some Yt video for better gaming wifi: power management is disabled,  Disabled Adaptive INter-Frame Spacing, Energy Efficient Ethernet OFF...,(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtqzfHBKys&t=419s) the video i used.

4) 'see file troubleshooting'

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

Thank you so much for providing the details that we requested. Upon checking the SSU, I did not find anything that will lead to the issue. However, let me recommend the following.

Please re-install the latest driver from us via clean driver installation method. Please refer to this link for the steps.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html?productId=49188&localeCode=us_en

Latest driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

So i did that but somehow i still have internet problems.

Also what are the best ethernet settings?

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

here is what my wifi sometimes looks like

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

Thank you for the update. However let's pause for a bit. I need to check, are you having issue with your wired connection or your wireless connection?

Please provide your wireless network card.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

Wired connection and what do you mean with the wireless network card?

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

These are all of my network adapters

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

Idk if you meant with this but they all have a 2006 driver

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

also the TroubleShooting doesnt find anything

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

I now changed the Ethernet Cable and i put it in a different port but i think its the same or maybe even worse

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

Than you for the update. The reason why I asked if the issue is with your wireless connection because you mentioned that you are having issues with your WiFi. And thank for trying a different cable and ports for the isolation.

Since your i219-V is embedded on the board. It is best now to contact the manufacturer of the board for further diagnostic of the issue. If the onboard network card is indeed having an issue, they should replace the board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just checking if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
simon7
Beginner

Gooday,

ty for the help, my internet works fine for now a week or so

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello simon7,

Thank you so much for the update and I am happy to hear that your Internet is working fine for now. However, if you will have some issues, kindly coordinate the issue with the board manufacturer.

For now, I need to close this thread. If you need assistance again in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos