Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

Ethernet? DNS? Internet Issues

Narcillion
Beginner

For the past 2 weeks I have been experience significant randomized packet loss at around 200-500ms internals. I have tried numerous solutions provided by different articles around the web listed below.

Restart PC, Reset Router, New Ethernet Cable, Flush DNS, Increase throughput on output and receiver values for the DNS Adapter, Turning off the Firewall, Installing a fresh driver directly from the manufactures website for the motherboard, and some long step solutions that involve changing the DNS IP I think.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Narcillion,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information for us to proceed checking you query. 

1. Operating System used

2. Please share more information regarding the issue encountered and how often does the issue occurs

3. Brand and model of your system

4. Is there any software or hardware changes prior to issue?

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Narcillion
Beginner

1. Windows 10 64bit

2. It's been non-stop for the past 2 weeks, starts immediately after I request online information via a game or application that uses it. No spikes able to be monitored before an application is open

3. Picture linked below

4. None that I am aware of, there may have been a windows update but I didn't notice it immediately after so I can't say for 100% certainty, but no hardware changes.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Narcillion,

Thank you for the reply. 

We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we might have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

ASUS support

https://www.asus.com/support/

Please provide following information as we will still try to help you on this one as our best effort support. 

1. Does the issue only occurs whenever you are using this specific game or application?

2. What is the current driver version you used on your I211 controller? 

3. Have you tried updating the driver from your manufacturer(preferred) or from Intel site? 

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Narcillion,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. We just want to make a follow up on the information that we requested. Please send us an update once you have the details that we requested.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Narcillion,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos