Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Ethernet connection disconnects after shutting down on new pc build

viperjts10
Beginner

I have tried searching for answers and attempted various other solutions, but to no avail. 

I am using the Asus Prime z490-A motherboard in my new computer build, and after installing the latest Intel Driver for Ethernet (File: PROWinx64_26_0), I will have internet, however once I shut down my computer, and return in the morning, the ethernet icon is no longer in the task bar and I have no connection. The driver still shows up in the Device manager, but the only way to reactivate the internet is through uninstalling and reinstalling the driver again. 

I have attempted alternative issues that others have said to try, but nothing has seemed to work, and I am hoping for some help to resolve this so that I don't have to reinstall the driver everytime I boot my computer. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello viperjts10,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request.

1.) What is the model of your Intel Ethernet Connection? 

2.) Exact Operating System used?

3.) If this is an embedded controller on an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) system, have you tried using the driver provided by Asus? The software drivers linked from our page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, OEM might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
viperjts10
Beginner

I'm using the I225-V controller on Windows 10. 

I actually may have resolved the issue, though I may need another day or two for testing, but I went into the power management tab in the ethernet driver configuration setting and unchecked the box which said "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I believe this is what was causing the lack of connection upon boot up. Before this, I would have to disable and then re-enable the driver for the internet to work again, but once I unchecked this box, it seems to be working after testing a shut down and reboot. Hopefully it stays this way. Thank you for the response though !

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello viperjts10,

Appreciate your swift response.

We will patiently wait for your update and hope the system continue to run smoothly. 

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days to give you more time observing the system.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello viperjts10,

Good day!

We would like to check the current status of your system. If in case you still encountered issues with your controller, please let us know for us further assist you.

Awaiting to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello viperjts10,

I hope you are doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos