Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Ethernet driver ubuntu 14.04 - Ethnernet controller I225-V

ti51120
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone successfully enables network interface with i225-v eth controller on ubuntu 14.04 with kernel version 3.14. When I use the command "ifconfig", it only shows lo. It seems like it can't detect the network card I use right now. I've tried to search the corresponding driver online, but it is in vain. Any advice would be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ti51120,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since you are using an i225-v embedded controller may we know the mother board that you are using for this?

Also to set your expectations, since you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) embedded controller, we have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. 

They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. However rest assure we will still try to provide our best effort support to help you resolve the issue. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ti51120
Beginner
Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply.

The motherboard I use is ASUS ROG STRIX B660-A GAMING WIFI D4.

I also checked their website for the i225v controller driver, but they only provide driver for win10 or win11.

I tried to install newer version of linux kernel(5.x.x) today, and it works perfectly. I can see my network interface working. However, my project needs to use older version(like 3.x.x) of linux kernel, so is it possible to successfully enable the network card without upgrading kernel? Or maybe there is a i225v driver which supports older version of linux kernel?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
ti51120
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ti51120,

Thank you very much for advising and for providing us the information that we have asked. We will try to check on this further, please provide us between 2-3 business days for this to provide you our recommendations. If you have a preferred date instead please advise us. Thank you and have a nice day. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ti51120,

As per checking, as much as we want to assist you further on your concern, our support is limited because this is an LAN on Motherboard (LOM) or on-board Ethernet controller. We understand that this is an Intel Ethernet controller that's embedded on an ASUS motherboard however it would still be best for you to get in touch with them for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on his system. They are in best position where he can seek assistance so he does not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

Also just to inform you that only Windows OS are supported for i225-v controller. Please refer to our "Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM)" on the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

As per further checking, you may also want to seek assistance from Sourceforge. This site is where you can request support or assistance about open source drivers.

Intel Ethernet Drivers and Utilities / Feature Requests (sourceforge.net)

https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/feature-requests/

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further. If none, please advise us if we can close the case.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ti51120,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ti51120,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos