Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Ethernet not working Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V

GreenMyshelf
Beginner

Hello.

I've just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard (Gigabyte Z590 AORUS PRO AX) and processor (Intel Core i5-11400F), and my ethernet connection is not working. When I first booted up the computer, it was working and I used it to install all the new drivers. Then, after the required restart, it was no longer detecting any network on the wired connection. I have updated the ethernet drivers to the latest version but nothing seems to help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello GreenMyshelf,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We'd like to set your expectation that for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet controller, we have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with the manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. But don't worry as we will still provide our best effort support to help you resolve the issue. 

We would like to gather some additional information, can you provide us the following;

1. Can you advise us the exact issue of your I225 network controller? Are you getting any error message? Is the controller not being detected in the device manager?

2. Which drivers did you use for your ethernet controller? did you use our Intel generic drivers or from your OEM? Can you provide the link as well?

3. Can you also provide us your SSU log, so we can check on your system.

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

*Linux

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

4. You can attach the log file on the thread.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GreenMyshelf
Beginner

Hi and thanks for the reply

It actually started working, as if by magic. If it gives me any more trouble, I'll be sure to open another ticket.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello GreenMyshelf,

Thank you very much for informing us that your issue has been resolved, we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos