Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

Ethernet

ExperTronics
Beginner

I get a message from HP about Intel MEBx Firmware (see below). My question is where to download this piece of software

ExperTronics_0-1646554507049.png

BR,

Piet

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ExperTronics,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

As per checking we have a Security Advisory on your concern for our MEBx. Please refer to the link below and follow our recommendations.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00575.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ExperTronics
Beginner

Dear Sigfried,

Thanks for the info, but still a question. Where to find the needed software package for the requested firmware update and/or settings  for my HP workstation Z840.

Some specs and/or info see below:

• Device name WorkStation-PV1
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz (2 processors)
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB
    Device ID 41D5EF2C-3D7F-430B-AEBF-E973B2A5CB67
    Product ID 00330-70000-00002-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

If I understand it correctly it is some piece of software which is running on startup before the OS is starting. It can be dangerous for me and outsiders can takeover my system....

Please help

BR,

Piet

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ExperTronics,

As per checking on HP's Support site for the MEBx Firmware you can try checking their link below.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_5671060-5671118-16

If you need any further assistance for this please contact HP so that they can assist you further.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further. If none, please advise us if we can close this case.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,
Zigfreid I.
Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ExperTronics
Beginner

Dear Zigfried,

Thanks for the help and I will ask HP for help. After a short study I found a workaround for this issue! I disabled the AMT in the BIOS. So no worry about that anymore.

You can close this threat!

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Piet

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello ExperTronics,

Thank you very much for advising us, we will now close this request. For future concerns just feel free to post a new question. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos