Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Event ID27 and 32 with Intel I219-V: network link is disconnected multiple times

facundogalella
Beginner

Hi! Ethernet is disconnecting randomly with error ID 27 and 32. This reset the router. I reinstalled drivers, updates, tried with another cables, another web browser, but this still happening each around 1 hour I'd say.

I attached a scan made with SSU.

This happened in september and then disappeared magically, but around two week ago, it started again

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello facundogalella,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We are sorry to hear about this issue you encountered with your Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V. Please be informed that since you are using an onboard Ethernet controller, we have a limited support for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Ethernet controllers. You may need to get in touch with Asus support later on for further support since they have customized firmware, drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you do not lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

However, we will try to help you with this issue as best as we can. As such, can you confirm the following details for us?

1. Any changes in the system before the issue started again two weeks ago?
  2. Where did you download the drivers that is currently installed in the system? Can you provide a link?

You may also want to check out this article from the link below regarding this issue.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059067/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Let us know if you have questions or need clarifications. If we do not receive an update from you, we will make a follow-up with you after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
facundogalella
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your answer, I'll check with Asus. Anyway my answers are:

1-The same day when it began, Windows was updated. But uninstall that update didn't work

2-I downloaded the drivers from the official website of Intel. Also for Asus

I checked the article previously.

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello facundogalella,

Thank you for the quick response.

We are sorry to hear that the article was not able to help you on this matter. Just to confirm, when you re-installed the drivers did you perform a clean driver installation? For reference, kindly check out the link below on how to perform a clean driver installation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

We will also try to further check internally for any other recommendations that you could try out. We will provide you with an update no later than 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
facundogalella
Beginner

Hello, yes I made a clean installation.

But, since I turned on the computer after Christmas the problems seems to be disapperaed, probably something improved turning off the router , I have another warnings but the connection is continuous now.

Thank you for your help!

Anyway I'll keep checking it.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello facundogalella,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to know that the issue seems to have disappeared. We have also discussed this internally and if the problem persists, we suggest that you also try to perform a fresh OS installation if it is possible with you, and then test it without any Windows updates. If it works, it's possible that this could be a Windows update compatibility issue.

We do hope that your system is running normally again. We will keep this thread open for a few days for monitoring. Feel free to let us know if you have questions. We will make sure to check with you again after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello facundogalella.

Hope you are doing well.

We are making a follow up on this thread just to check with you if your system is running normally again or if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you have further questions or need clarifications. If we do not receive an update from you, we will reach out for a follow-up after 3 business days.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
facundogalella
Beginner

Hello, 

I'm well, I hope you are well too.

Hopefully, the system seems to be running normally, I didn't have new troubles with connection.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello facundogalella,

Thank you for your quick update. We are glad to hear that your system is working normally again. Since it seems that everything is in working order, we will now proceed in closing this thread. Feel free to post a new question in the forums for any additional questions or clarifications as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a great day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos