Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

Fake x540-t2?

smig
Beginner

Hi,

I purchased 2 X540-T2's used and I kinda feel like these are fakes. I tried contacting Intel support since on the site it says I should send them my mac address and serial number and they'll check. They refused to help me and said that I should ask the seller who sold these as genuine cards. They obviously have an interest to lie in the case they are fake. Can anyone help me with this?

main reasons I feel like these might be fake are that windows 10 didn't recognize one of them at all(ubuntu did tho) without drivers. Also when I try to move data over the network the card just stops working outright after 5-10 gigs. I'm also still running at 1 gig speeds as my switch hasn't arrived yet. It has an IP but that's it, cant ping it or it can't ping anything else.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Return them to the seller for a refund.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello smig,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Upon checking the pictures that you provided, this card is either fake or an OEM card. The reason is the card does not have the markings of a retail Intel network card specially YottaMark* and BradyID* Stickers like the one on this link.

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000007074/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

In your case, it is best to contact your reseller/supplier for replacement or refund.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello smig,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just checking if you still have clarifications regarding this thread.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello smig,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up to check if you already contacted your reseller/supplier for further assistance. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos