Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Flash Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 [8086:1528] (rev 01) with iPXE

Kleber
Beginner

Hello there,

I am willing to flash a network card *Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 [8086:1528] (rev 01)* with iPXE ROM because the current one doesn't support *imgtrust* for using signed images.

Has anybody already did it?

I am looking at Preboot but I don't find an option to include an external rom image.

Following the iPXE instructions the image was created with *make bin/80861528.rom* and the file *bin/80861528.rom* was generated but I have no idea how to flash the nic with that rom.

Preboot: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29137/Ethernet-Intel-Ethernet-Connections-Boot-Utility-Preboot-Images-and-EFI-Drivers?product=1140

iPXE: https://ipxe.org/howto/romburning

Best regards,

Kleber

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kleber,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We'd like to confirm if this is an Ethernet Controller that's embedded on your system? If yes, kindly provide the brand and model of your motherboard. Otherwise, please share photos of the adapter. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, we will follow after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kleber,

Good day!

Please provide the information requested below for us to proceed checking your request. 

Kindly confirm if this is an Ethernet Controller that's embedded on your system? If yes, kindly provide the brand and model of your motherboard. Otherwise, please share photos of the adapter focusing on the white sticker markings. This will allow us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet adapter.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kleber
Beginner

Hello support,

Sorry for the late reply. I replied by e-mail and it bounced.
It is an onboard network interface.
The server is a Supermicro (X10DRU-i+).

Thank you for your attention,

Kleber

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Kleber,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kleber,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Supermicro system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with Supermicro for further support and obtain the needed files from them since they might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Please also be informed that the software drivers linked from Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kleber
Beginner

Thanks for your assistance.

I will get in touch with them.

Thanks,

Kleber Leal

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kleber,

You're most welcome, thank you for your kind understanding on this one. 

Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos