Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

For some reason the Intel PROSet Monitoring Service keeps on using a 5 - 6% of my CPU when it didn't use to, any suggestions?

PizzaPeter1998
Beginner

For some reason the Intel PROSet Monitoring Service keeps on using a 5 - 6% of my CPU when it didn't use to and is using a high amounth of power whilst doing so. I was wandering if there is a solution around this?

My PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 Cores 24 Threads CPU

32GB DDR4 3600Mhz Viper RAM

Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 Motherboard

Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Intel I211 Gigabit Network Port Controller

This screenshot shows the usage when PC is at idle:

https://prnt.sc/rq9gbu

I have also attatched the system support utility log document.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I can't help myself: The easy answer is: don't run the monitor! It isn't needed to use the WiFi module.

...S

0 Kudos
PizzaPeter1998
Beginner

Well I do that but it launches on startup and when I end it in task manager it executes again later on. I'm not sure what software or driver is causing it to come back on.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Kill it and then rename the executable so it cannot be invoked later. If this causes any issues, you can always rename it back.

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Or, just disable the task in the task manager "startup" tab.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi PizzaPeter1998,

Thank you for posting a topic in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We would like to ask if you require more time to follow the suggestions of our respected and valued community members on this thread.

We will check back again with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi PizzaPeter1998,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you have followed the suggestions of our esteemed community members.

if you still have further questions or clarifications, please feel free to post back a reply. We will keep the thread open for 24 hours, should we not hear from you we will be compelled to close the topic.

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos