Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

FreeBSD 12.2 Compile error - Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller

MKS786
Beginner

Hello Support Community,

I have a CT Gigabit Desktop Adapter. I am trying to update its driver in FreeBSD 12.2 Release.

I downloaded the latest above mentioned card driver from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/32209/intel-82574l-gigabit-ethernet-controller/downloads.html

I installed a new FreeBSD release 12.2 server and followed the instruction in the readme.txt file, as:

# make

However, I get stuck on this error;

e1000_ich8lan.c:1505:3: error: misleading indentation; statement is not part of the previous 'if'
[-Werror,-Wmisleading-indentation]
phy_reg &= ~(I218_ULP_CONFIG1_IND |
^
e1000_ich8lan.c:1503:2: note: previous statement is here
if (ret_val)
^
e1000_ich8lan.c:1571:3: error: misleading indentation; statement is not part of the previous 'if'
[-Werror,-Wmisleading-indentation]
ret_val = e1000_phy_has_link_generic(hw, 1, 0, &link);
^
e1000_ich8lan.c:1564:2: note: previous statement is here
if (!mac->get_link_status)
^
2 errors generated.
*** Error code 1

I then tried updating /usr/src from https://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/12 and running # make again but still the same error.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MKS786,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are now checking the errors that you are getting from you adapter. Can we also ask for the part number of your adapter for us to validate. Please refer to the link below. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MKS786,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello MKS786,

Hope you are doing well.

We are following up on your inquiry for this thread. Since we haven't received a response from you for a while, we will now close this thread. Feel free to post a new question in the forum if you have further queries as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos