Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Front NIC indicators I210-T1

Dingo
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know if the 3 jumpers from this i210-T1 card are for front NIC indicators LEDS.

I have a server rack chassis with NIC leds connectors cables at its front and plan to buy this card, but i have been unable to find more technical infos about theses jumpers. I need to be sure before i buy something that wont match my needs.

Anyone could help?

Thankss-l1600 (5).jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Dingo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you please confirm if you are referring to these 6 pins from the i210-T1 card? Kindly refer to attach photo with red circle. If no, will you be able to mark the 3 jumpers that you are referring to?

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Dingo
Beginner

Thanks for your fast answer, and yes i am refering to theses 6 pins

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Dingo,

You're welcome. 

Please be informed that the pin outs are Software-Definable Pins (SDP). SDP Interface (General-Purpose I/O) is explained on the datasheet of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210: Datasheet Section 1.4.9.

The I210 has four software-defined pins (SDP pins) that can be used for IEEE1588 auxiliary device connections, enable/disable of the device, and for other miscellaneous hardware or software-control

purposes. These pins can be individually configurable to act as either standard inputs, General-Purpose Interrupt (GPI) inputs or output pins (refer to Section 6.2.21, Section 8.2.1 and Section 8.2.3), as well as the default value of all pins configured as outputs. Information on SDP usage can be found in Section 3.5 and Section 7.8.3.3. Refer to Section 2.3.7 for pin description of this interface.

Sharing the datasheet of Intel i210 Ethernet Adapter for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Dingo
Beginner

Thanks for the infos. Then, could you tell me if there is a network card that is compatible with servers rackmounts front panels NIC activity leds? Thanks

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Dingo,

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to answer your follow up question since the compatibility of the Network card would be based on your motherboard. We highly suggest contacting your board manufacturer to further check this with them. They should have a list of validated components on their servers rackmounts. 

Will you also be able to share the exact model of your server for our record purposes.

We are also sharing this link with you for the List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters. This might be helpful for you as listed on this link are some of the models of Intel Ethernet Adapter. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Dingo,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this query. If you do, please let us know and we will be glad to check on it. If none, kindly confirm if we can now proceed closing this request.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Dingo,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos