Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Generic Intel UEFI Network Stack Question

BKlei
Novice

The latest version of the Generic Intel UEFI Network Stack Question included in the Server System BIOS reveals new configuration menus per adapter port per enabled IP protocol version. Please see attachments.

I am looking for the use case of these. The only thing I could possibly think of is network connectivity in case you boot to the EFI shell.

Further input appreciated.

Thanks.

7 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bklei, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. To help us identify the use case for this new configuration please provide the server board or system model and BIOS or firmware version. Let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bklei, Please let us know if you still require assistance. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BKlei
Novice

It's a Fujitsu Primergy Server, latest generation, with AMI or Tiano Core BIOS. I was told the configuration menus shown on the screenshots are provided by the generic Intel UEFI network stack though.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WhyeBee_T_Intel
Employee
HI BKlei, Thank you for the information. We will further check on this then update you. Best Regards, Whybe T Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bklei, The UEFI network stack can be used to boot to a preboot execution environment (PXE) from a network boot image without an OS installed or local storage. Please let us know if you need more specific information. For more details see the following: https://firmware.intel.com/sites/default/files/Intel_UEFI_PXE_Boot_Performance_Analysis.pdf Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BKlei
Novice

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, but that's not an answer to my question.

I specifically need to know what the additional menus in the adapter HII, which to my knowledge are provided by the UEFI network stack, are used for.

Thanks

/Bastian

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bklei, Thank you for the reply. We sent you a private message regarding this inquiry. Please check your private messages and respond via private message. We will continue to look for information regarding these configuration options on our end. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos