Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Giga PHY Intel® I218V and GigaLAN Intel® I211AT not working on Windows Server 2016

CCiJa
Beginner

Hello,

I have purchased a new Asrock X99 Taichi. The motherboard has two network chips installed onboard:

1. Giga PHY Intel® I218V
  2. GigaLAN Intel® I211AT

After trying to install the driver for my Windows Server 2016 operating system I receive the error message 'Not intel adapter available' I have try to install the original drivers from Asrock and Intel but both is not working?

Can anyone help on this issue,

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi CiJ,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. The I218-V and I211AT ethernet controller do not support Windows 2016. Please refer to the website below that list the supported NIC for Windows 2016, the two ethernet controller you have are not on the list:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022599/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

As mentioned you already installed driver from Asrock*, please double check regarding Windows 2016 driver for these two onboard NIC on their system. It is recommended to use customized driver provided by the board vendor.

Feel free to contact us if you need further clarification.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
CCiJa
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

thanks for your fast feedback, is this a limitation regarding Windows Server 2016 from your (Intel) side or Microsoft?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi CiJ,

You are welcome. Let me further check for you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi CiJ,

The I218-V and I211-AT were integrated by the system manufacturer, it is best still to contact the system vendor (Asrock in your case here) for further information. Further checking on the Asrock support site, it shows Asrock X99 Taichi supports Windows 10 and Windows 8 and 8.1. Windows 2016 is not part of the list. Please refer to this site https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Taichi/# Specificatio (Note: Intel has no control over the content of third party website, for your reference only).

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi CiJ,

Please feel free to update me if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos