Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Gigabit Ethernet not working with i219V driver (p2)

rileymenlove
Beginner

Hi! I recently had some issues with my ethernet driver, and I'm still having issues. 
I had to take a break from focusing on this, but I'm able to attempt to fix it again. 
Here is the link to my previous forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Gigabit-Ethernet-not-working-with-i219V-driver/m-p/1235512#M22959

As well as a response to the final question asked by a support rep: 

To answer your following questions:
1. When I install the driver, it says "A newer version of Intel(R) Network Connections is already installed on the computer. Before installation of the program, you must remove the current version." I've attempted to delete it through device manager, but when I do so, I get the same error message, then the driver comes back in device manager.

2. That is correct. I've had 1gbps at two different locations in the past. 

3. My link speed it set to - 1000/1000 (Mbps)

4. To my knowledge, yes the router is set to Auto Negotiation. I haven't been able to find the setting in the Router BIOS, but I assume yes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

While we were closely checking your concern, we coordinated with the previous thread agent to deliberate on what will be the best recommendation to you. When we did that, some questions were thought of that we need your answer to:

1. Just to confirm, did your issue happen only when you switched Internet Service Providers (ISP)?

2. How do you measure the speed? Have you measured it by transferring files from one PC to another?

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rileymenlove
Beginner

Hello! 

To answer the questions...

1. To my knowledge, yes it only happened when we switched locations. I've had 5 different addresses with this PC. 2 Of them have been on the same ISP that I have now, and were gig internet speeds. The other 2 were not.

2. I measure using my ISP's given speedtest. http://speedtest.cableone.net/  as well as the regular speedtest.net. I've never tried using file transfer.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove,

Thank you for your response.

In light of the answers that you have provided, we would like to ask the following:

1. When you changed locations, did you also change modems or routers?

2. We need to isolate if the slow speed only happens on the Internet. What you were using our Internet speed tests instead of network speed tests. Please try to transfer a file from this computer to another system on the network by copying a file and pasting it on the other system. There will be a speed measurement that will show. How much speed are you getting?

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos