Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Gigabit Ethernet not working with i219V driver

rileymenlove
Beginner

Hello, 

I am having issues with my connection with my ethernet adapter. I should be getting around 600 mbps, while im getting around 100-200. I've tested the ethernet, the port, as well as the same port/cable on a different computer, and it gets even higher than the suggested speeds. I use speedtest.net, and speedtest.cableone.net (my ISP test site). I am more than happy to give you any diagnostics, as well as provide you with any other information that may come.

Thanks, Riley

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JMcDe4
Beginner

I am having issues with the I219V also but I traced the problem to IPV6.  Disabling this in the router returned my speed to normal, however, I still have no answer why it happens.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Riley,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you share if you have tried the recommendation from your fellow user and confirm if it does help with the issue?

Will you be able to provide the following information that will help in further checking your request. 

1.) Where was the driver installed downloaded from? 

2.) Is this a newly built system? If no, when was the issue first encountered?

3.) System Support Utility log of your system and the system getting higher speed test result. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

4.) Exact model of your motherboard. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rileymenlove
Beginner

I don't know how to fix the IPV6 or where the issue would be come from for that so I haven't tried it yet.

But here is the info you have asked for:

1. Driver was installed from the Intel Website
2. No not newly built, I've had 1 gig speeds in the past, but when I moved they didn't offer it, we upgraded and im not getting the speeds.

3. Unfortunately I can't get the SSU of the other system as it isn't mine. But here is mine attached

4. Asus Prime Z270-A

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Riley,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the information requested for us to proceed checking your request. If you have questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Riley, 

Thank you for providing the requested information. 

We hope you don't mind providing additional information below that would help in further investigating the issue. 

1.) You mentioned that driver from Intel website, can you share if you already tried driver from Asus? The software drivers linked from our page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you also check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer.

Based on link below, latest driver package for your system is from Version 22.9

https://www.asus.com/my/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

2.) Based on your statement 'I've had 1 gig speeds in the past, but when I moved they didn't offer it, we upgraded and im not getting the speeds.'

Can you please elaborate this? You are not having this problem before but after moving to a different location and changing Internet provider, that's when the issue occurred. Is that correct?

3.) Can you double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit)? 

4.) Based on the SSU, Speed & Duplex is set to Auto Negotiation, can you confirm if your router is configured the same way? The speed on your adapter and router would be configured the same. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rileymenlove
Beginner

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply, I had some stuff going on and completely spaced I was dealing with this. 

To answer your following questions:
1. When I install the driver, it says "A newer version of Intel(R) Network Connections is already installed on the computer. Before installation of the program, you must remove the current version." I've attempted to delete it through device manager, but when I do so, I get the same error message, then the driver comes back in device manager.

2. That is correct. I've had 1gbps at two different locations in the past. 

3. My link speed it set to - 1000/1000 (Mbps)

4. To my knowledge, yes the router is set to Auto Negotiation. I haven't been able to find the setting in the Router BIOS, but I assume yes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Riley, 

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the additional information requested that would help in further checking your request. If you have additional questions and clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Rileymenlove, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos