Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

Greeting's for the past year or so I have been having issues with my Ethernet. Windows 10

tmanz2
Beginner

I have ran a new cat6 cable just to be sure it was not the wiring. Purchased new router and modem. Re installed windows 10. Updated the network adapter's manually 12.18.8.9 (7) 1219-v. did all the new ipconfig/commands in CMD . Went as far as running TronScript/reddit download nothing. I have also double/triple checked all of the settings in my router setting's. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1909.

For my CPU I am running i9-9900k with a ASUS Prime z390-A. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the issue tried many thing's checked setting's made sure they were turned off and looked deep into google for over 5 month's now. all works well then in the morning I will have internet for 3 minuets then dc and have it repeat's itself 10 times Same issue occurs with some times at night. I assumed this was an issue with my isp and am waiting for the fcc to finish there investigation since Cox runs a monopoly around my Area and I am paying 140 $ a month and not getting even close to 300 down and 30 up. Jitter on the nodes will get supper bad but my wireless internet does not go out which makes no sense to me at all.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tmanz2,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information as this would help us in checking your request.

1.) You mentioned that you will have an internet connection for 3 minutes then disconnects, can you share if there is any error message shown for every disconnection?

2.) Have you tried raising this concern to Asus support or tried the driver provided by your manufacturer? As the software drivers linked from our download site page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, OEMs might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. Intel or the OEM might not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

3.) Do you have a different system that you can use for testing to further isolate the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tmanz2,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your request.

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tmanz2,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos