Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

Has Intel sorted out the naming issue of Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V that there is a (2)?

DrWongKC
Beginner

This naming issue is driving me crazy that I'm planning to buy a brand new of the similar motherboard that I have now. I'm thinking this issue has been sorted out? Since mine is stuck at (7) and has been for a long time.

May I know if this issue is still happening? Anyone facing this issue out there?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We need to gather information so we can provide you recommendations.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this link. After running this program, it will create a text file. Kindly attach the text file on your reply.

Looking forward to your response. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
DrWongKC
Beginner

Hello, here is the text file. :)

I read somewhere that Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V, the (7) is the revision number. So that means it'll be updated to that number even if I get a new board. Just want to confirm that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

After reviewing the text file, it looks like you have uninstalled the Intel ethernet drivers, are we correct?

Having a that number there before model usually there were already 7 instances of that driver installed on that system. Some of the drivers may have been corrupted or uninstalled and was never completely removed from the system and that is the reason why you have number 7 there. To confirm this, kindly install the drivers again and please give us a screenshot of your device manager showing all hidden devices under the "network adapters" category. You can enable "show hidden devices" via the view menu in device manager.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

We are following up on your thread that is still open where you are inquiring about why your driver entry for the Intel ethernet adapter has a (2) in it. We know that this is important for you to get your questions answered, and it is also equally important for us to give you the right answers. Since we have not heard from you for several days, the case will automatically close.

You may want to post a new thread once you are ready to proceed with the issue.

Thank you for choosing Intel.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

We made a review on your concern, and we found out that the reason why you have a 7 on the board is that is what the motherboard manufacturer named the controller to. Please visit page 47 of this document, https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_STRIX-H370-F_GAMING/E14175_ROG_STRIX_H370-F_GAMING_BIOS_Manual_EM_WEB.PDF?_ga=2.183395426.550231773.1590739590-2089835483.1588147966.

We would wait if you have any additional questions regarding this new findings. Should we not hear from you, we will check back after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

DrWongKC
Beginner

I see, and you're right. Thank you :)

Thank you for going through the trouble to search about this. I appreciate this a lot! Let me know if I'm able to give you a good rating or etc.

Appreciate your help. :) Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DrWongKC,

You are most welcome, and it is a great pleasure providing you the information that you need.

There will be an email, once we close this thread, and we would deeply appreciate your good feedback.

Again, you are very welcome, and it is a great pleasure assisting you.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support