Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Hello, with my Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4 and others, I get Error 27 in Windows system logs, which indicates loss of connection. Has anyone else solved this?

Jkell25
Beginner

We are using Intel NICs for a long time. With Win7 no problems occured so far. However, when recently switching to Win10 64 bit, all (or most) of our NICs seem to behave strangely. This includes onboards NIC on Siemens IPC 847D (Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM?), single network controller or the above mentioned Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4.

Most of the time, the systems work like a charm. But sometimes, the system gets continous network losses (Error ID 27 in Windows System eventlog) and consequently reconnection events (Information ID 33) (see attachement).

We tried all of our very best, but since we are working with video image processing over Ethernet, we need a stable connection.

What else can we do?

Done so far:

Changed potentially errorous components,

Changed energy settings on Windows to "always on",

Changed EEE setting to disabled,

Changed link rate to fixed 1000 mbit/s,

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please download the System Support Utility from the link below, and attach a log file for us to investigate this issue. 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. Let us know if you have any other questions. And also, can you provide the pattern or activity that triggers the network disconnection issues? Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jkell25
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for your kind support. I took a scan from a non-productive PC, since at the moment, I can only provide this. This has not been in prouction so far and can be seen as our clean reference.

If you find anything here, please let me know. In probably two weeks, I can provide scans from another fresh system and from an "older" system, where the networking error occured quite often.

The pattern is not quite easy to recocgnize. Sometimes network connection gets lost 2-3 times per hour, sometimes it hold 2-3 days. We tried to actively force down the network here in our testing environment with high throughput, but could not see the problem as seen at our customer's site.

Thanks again for your support. I highly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, The network adapter that I can see in the SSU that you provided is Intel(R) PRO/1000 GT and not I350-T4. It is best if you can provide the SSU of the actual system that you reported. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, I just want to check when can you provide the SSU from the reported system. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jkell25
Beginner

Hello,

in about 2 weeks, I can present newer logfiles from SSU, when comissioning phase is done.

I appreciate your support in this case.

Best regards,

Jan-Hendrik

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Just want to confirm if you have a specific date for me to know when to ask you again? If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Please let us know when were you be able to provide the requested logs. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Please update us on when can we expect the logs that we requested for us to proceed with this case. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, I just want to when can you provide the logs that we requested for us us to proceed with this case. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Jkell25
Beginner

Hello,

we have compiled a fresh log. However, the problem mentioned earlier did NOT occur sofar. However, can you please check, if the attached configuration is fine?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Regarding the configuration. The best practice is following all the validated components. Compatibility starts with the board. Just check all the supported components and OS of the board and you should be fine. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, I just want to check if you have additional questions regarding issue, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Please let us know if you need further assistance if you are still encountering the issue. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello Jkell25, Please notify us if you encounter the issue again for us to assist you. If you have questions please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos