Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Help with chosing NIC I210-T1 I210T1 or something older and which version

AKuli1
Beginner

Hi guys,

i'm looking for Gigabit network adapter to my desktop (few months old with win 8.1). I have issues with onboard LAN card (500/500 mbps internet connection and onboard LAN is overloaded with tcp connections as i gues) and what i choose is intel I210-T1 card.

Can You tell me why intel's card i210t1 is almost twice as expensive than HP i210t1? this same chipset this same parameters what is the difference?

Would You chose I210-T1 E0X95AA or Gigabit PRO/1000CT 1xRJ45 Desktop PCI-E BULK EXPI9301CTBLK (with the second NIC there are some driver problems to newer windows OS as we can see on microsoft pages http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Intel%20Gigabit%20CT%20Desktop%20Ethernet%20Adapter&vendor=Intel&ModelOrVersion=EXPI9301CT&Type=Hardware&tempOsid=Windows+8.1 Windows 8.1 compatibility for Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Ethernet Adapter model EXPI9301CT)

Thank anyone who want to share some knowledge and facts

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi arkulik,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

On Windows* 8.1, I would suggest Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I210-T1 as we have full driver support on Windows 8.1. Unlike the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter, we no longer provide driver updates. We do not commend on the pricing on third-party products. The parameters of these adapters may be the same but the HP's* adapter could be tested and customized for HP systems.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Sincerely,

Sandy