Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Hi, somehow I can't install the new Intel driver to get VLAN working. Details below.

maybeageek
Beginner

I am having an Intel I219-V in my laptop, and can't seem to install the newest driver to get VLAN support to working.

In my older Laptops that worked without a problem. However, if I download the driver, install it, it stays with the old version 12.18.8.4 from 10.10.2018.

Shouldn't it update to the 23.5.1 from December 2018?

I can't configure VLANs. The Intel ProSET Adapter Utility lists VLANs as active confige wise.

What more should I do?

• Windows 10 1809, 01-2019 Patch
  • Lenovo T580
  • Intel I219-V
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello TZimm6, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 12.18.8.4 is still the latest driver for the I219-V. The older laptops are also running 23.5.1? Did you already try to create VLANs in PowerShell using the following procedure? Please check that .NET 2.0 is installed, and VLANs are being created using the following steps: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name " C:\ProgramFiles\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN. or create VLAN using a single command: (example: Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname "device name" -VLANID "101") 6. Copy the exact "Get-IntelNetAdapter" name in "ParentName". VLAN and Teaming creation will eventually be included in adapter configuration utility. Let us know if there are any issues. See the release notes for details: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
maybeageek
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the hints. This worked, my VLANs are up and running!

All the best,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello TZimm6, Thank you for the reply. Glad you could get VLANs working. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos